Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New single speed rear wheel 700c

Options
  • 23-05-2014 10:20am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Looking for a bit of advice, I noticed that my rear wheel on my single speed there's a bulge in the rim, where the valve stem is seated. It's something I've never seen before, it's not buckled in the usual way I'd expect, as it still spins straight, however both sides of the rim bulge outward around where the stem is; meaning that i go through rear pads in a few kms!

I take it that it's time for a new rear wheel, this wheel must have covered 10,000km+ so it's no rear loss. It's got a flip flop hub with a fixed, and single speed. Do you guys have any advice on wheels, and whether or not I'll need tools to change the hub over?

Cheers,

Alan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

If it was a decent wheel to start with and the hub is in good condition, why not just get a new rim? Then either learn to build/true the wheel yourself or pay a modest fee to a wheelbuilder.

Advertisement