Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler fitter

Options
  • 23-05-2014 8:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭

Any opinions on The Energy Centre for fitting a new boiler etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Mr.Boots wrote: »
    Any opinions on The Energy Centre for fitting a new boiler etc?

Are they the ones based in Meath?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Yep

Ye I've an opinion on them alright but I like boards so I don't wanna get banned for going on a rant about them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭shane 007

I've heard of them but never came across their work so I cannot comment on them. I will say that companies who employ many installers are only as good as the installer they get to do your job. You may well get an excellent job or you may get a crap one. It would depend on how well they audit their installers & how high their ethos is.
    It's never good to slate any company publicly as there is always two sides to every storey & too many times, it's all to easy to throw pop corn at an iPhone to make ourselves feel better :)

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Ye I've an opinion on them alright but I like boards so I don't wanna get banned for going on a rant about them

Ok, thanks.
    Anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Ok, thanks.
    Anyone else?

I'd always go for a good, local and reputable firm with address and contact No.
    Rather than a big company with unknown subcontractors that have no personal involvement with client.

It's Your decision, not mine.

Ask us how much of our work is fixing problems after subcontractors...........

Your not hunting elephants.
    Small is beautifull.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

I am in Meath, if you want I can recommend other installers in your area that you can ring, they will do as good a job, but you will safe a LOT of money. Have you had them around on the sale pitch?

I probably shouldnt put anything up here....but let's just say I most definetly will not be using them. :-0

Thanks anyway lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 R.Sole

Ive just had the sales pitch followed by an extortionate quote for a boiler, could anybody enlighten me on any experience they have had with this crowd?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Take my advice, if your in the Dublin/Meath/Louth area PM Johnniek from here and get an alternative quote for a grant aided install, then come back and let us know how much you saved.

You won't be paying for the business, sales reps etc

• Advertisement
Advertisement