Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

#100happydays on facebook

Options
  • 22-05-2014 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else doing the #100happydays on facebook?

I'm on day#3 myself at the moment; not long away from day#4 now.

Finding:
    ~ It's going to be one memorable road to #100 for me as I'm doing my #100happydays for my Late Loving Dad :)
    ~ It does help with remaining positive & optimistic
    ~ It does leave a feel-good factor

Anyone else?

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

I'm on day 86 :)

I'm not doing it on facebook though (I'm known for posting far too many photos there as it is :pac:), so I'm doing it on a private forum on our very own boards :)

I've been making an effort to be more positive in recent months, so it's really helped with that! Although there are some days I'm just taking a picture of a bird or a flower almost for the sake of it :pac: It can be hard if you're having a bad day/week, but all the more reason to find something to be happy about then.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

Ooooo, sounds intriguing!
    What is it and how do I do it? :D

Ooooo, sounds intriguing!
    What is it and how do I do it? :D

You can read up on it here:
    http://100happydays.com/

But the basic concept is that you take a picture of something that makes you happy every day for 100 days. Then you can share on facebook, twitter etc with the hashtag #100happydays.

I'm not doing mine publically, just for myself really :) But I would recommend it!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

http://100happydays.com

It's what makes you happy :)

You have to post something; anything from a word -> phrase -> proverb -> image -> memory ; anything that makes you happy.

You have 24hours in every day. You'd be hard pressed not to find one thing during those 24hours daily for 100days that makes you happy.

I'm creating a project / kinda like a story on & about my Late Loving Dad, every day for my #100happydays publicly on facebook to remember varying aspects about my Dad & to look back on in times to come with a smile when I'm missing him loads!

Never too late to start,
    kerry4sam

Thank you, ladies :)
    I will definitely start! Maybe I'll do mine privately too, just like you, chuckie :)

I'll read up first though! :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I have a happy jar. Well actually at this point I have 2 large jars from Ikea full of little bits of paper. I started just after midnight on New Year's Day this year and whenever something happy happens I write it on a piece of paper, fold it up and put it in the jar. I don't do it everyday, and some days I'll have more than one thing, but I'm very proud that I've managed to fill two jars so early in the year. I'll empty the jars on New Year's Eve this year and read them with my husband and remember the lovely things that have happened this year.

I have a happy jar. Well actually at this point I have 2 large jars from Ikea full of little bits of paper. I started just after midnight on New Year's Day this year and whenever something happy happens I write it on a piece of paper, fold it up and put it in the jar. I don't do it everyday, and some days I'll have more than one thing, but I'm very proud that I've managed to fill two jars so early in the year. I'll empty the jars on New Year's Eve this year and read them with my husband and remember the lovely things that have happened this year.

Ah that's a lovely idea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

I have one as well! I'm very slack at pouring things in it though, I'll have to move it to a more prominent spot so I remember to put things in.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I have one as well! I'm very slack at pouring things in it though, I'll have to move it to a more prominent spot so I remember to put things in.

I moved my jars to my bedroom for about a week and then had to spend some time yesterday catching up. It definitely helps if it's in a more prominent spot.

A Happy Jar - that's a lovely idea :)

That reminds me of the The White House Press Secretary Flak Jacket in the West Wing
    (info here). The jacket is filled with notes of encouragement and advice & apparently does exist IRL - started by President Nixon's Press Secretary.

• Advertisement

I'm on day 38 now :)
    I have made a page for it on my blog: Lady Chuckles (if you want to have a look)

It's not a picture every day though .... it's more so happy days in writing :)

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Anyone else doing the #100happydays on facebook?

I'm on day#3 myself at the moment; not long away from day#4 now.

Finding:
    ~ It's going to be one memorable road to #100 for me as I'm doing my #100happydays for my Late Loving Dad :)
    ~ It does help with remaining positive & optimistic
    ~ It does leave a feel-good factor

Anyone else?

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

This very suggestion is something that I have to recommend to people. I completed my #100happydays on facebook on 28th August just gone and tbh I just do not know how I'd have personally got through the past few months without this happiness journey, or what I made a Happiness Journey!

The only day I didn't post was on Fathers'Day as I was cycling in memory of my Dad and it was documented & explained by me on my journey-listing.

Their were so many many tough days for me personally thinking about my Late Loving Dad & how he passed away; this was something I used & don't mind saying that I used it, to
    ~ get myself up early some of the tough mornings
    ~ get out of the house when I didn't 100% want to
    ~ visit locations that were on our must-see places
    ~ explore new areas
    ~ try new activities, many for the very first time
    ~ find a new, positive frame of mindset
    ~ find inner peace on days I found myself getting angry

The list just goes on for me personally! This was a very happy journey for me. On some, I wasn't sure how I would complete it, they just got so tough.

Looking back, I did complete my #100happydays, in a positive & up-lifting manner and I'm just delighted with myself for finding this happy journey and completing it when I did. Made the past number of months so much the easier to handle & I would recommend to all.

Hope your #100happydays journey is going the same positive way as mine did,
    Thanks to whom-ever came up with the idea on facebook too!
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Thinking about what youve achieved, big or small, over each of your bdays and how far youve come!

Keeping diaries/scrapbooks!

Putting out milestone pictures!

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

just came across this, think I will give it a go....someone currently doing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Aldi shopping for different stuff and treats, and booze! :)

celica00 wrote: »
    just came across this, think I will give it a go....someone currently doing it?

I'm going starting up again I think with my Nikon only this time. I love photography and the skills by those over in the Photography forum. I always find myself stopping while walking, cycling, pulling over while driving even to take random photos of varying aspects that catch my eye.

Going to try anyways, try and take 1 photo a day, something Random & Different, at varying times each & every day for #100happydays.

Aiming for #100happydays of photography for kerry4sam

That's the plan. Complete Novice. Going to learn the buttons and clicks and everything associated as I go. Looking forward actually to learning a new skill and looking back at day#100 at Hopefully how far I've come with photography.

That's the Plan,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

that's a great plan!
    I completely missed to continue it after 5 days :(
    I'm so bad to keep track on things like that :(

Advertisement