Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to shop for our engagement ring?

Options
  • 22-05-2014 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

My girlfriend and I got engaged this evening, happy days!

Any advice on where to shop tomorrow?

From previous threads Voltaire and Breretons get high praise but have also heard good things about Applebys and BJ Fitzpatricks.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 80 Verified rep Voltaire Diamonds: Seamus

Congrats Radioheader,

We would be delighted to show you our collection of engagement rings.

In the meantime, please visit our Youtube channel where you will several styles:

https://www.youtube.com/user/VoltaireDiamonds/videos?sort=p&shelf_id=2&view=0

I look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks
    Seamus

http://www.voltairediamonds.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

I went to appleby's, Voltaire and Breretons on Capel Street. Ended up buying in Breretons as I found a good value ring that I loved. All 3 were good experiences although didn't like any I tried on in Voltaire, I think because all the ones I tried on were bigger than I like on my hand.

Appleby's felt very exclusive and exciting in the private room but I rathered Brereton's antique lined shelves and down to earth attitudes.

All three places listened to me and what I wanted providing plenty of options as well as alternatives to make sure that I had exhausted all options.

Hope you enjoy your shopping trip! And don't forget to try on a wedding band with the engagement ring you choose to make sure it looks good because they'll be worn together a lot longer than individually.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 124 ✭✭Dark sun

From previous threads Voltaire and Breretons get high praise but have also heard good things about Applebys and BJ Fitzpatricks.

Thanks in advance!

I can't recommend Voltaire diamond enough, me and my other half got her engagement ring here, it is a bit daunting shopping for engagement rings, but we felt at ease with Sabrina she went through all our queries and questions, we had tried all the high end shops which were nice, but if it's bang for you buck Voltaire can't be beaten, and we will definitely be returning for our wedding rings,by all means do look around and get prices and compare. But for me there was no comparison, also after sales were brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 John Brereton Jewellers

Thanks in advance!

Congratulations Radioheader!

If you haven't purchased the engagement already ring my advice would be to come into Dublin city and shop around. There is a huge selection of jewellers and a wide range of choice. We have three stores in Dublin located on Grafton St, O' Connell St and Capel St.

The best advice I can offer is to take your time and enjoy the process!
    It is important that you both feel comfortable when purchasing, as it is something you will have for the rest of your life.

Excellent point made by nosietoes about the wedding band. It is easier to choose a engagement ring that will sit flush with the band, but if you fancy going for something different we can custom make a band to fit around it.

If you want a preview of some of the Jewellery we have to offer you can take a look at our website:

http://www.johnbreretonjewellers.ie/

You can also make an appointment or pop into any of our stores for a closer look.

Congrats again and happy shopping!

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭thehouses

Hi, we have been in discusion with bespoke but dont know alot about them. How did you know about them? And are you confident to recomend them?

Any help would be appreciated.

THanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

We got my ring in Voltaire and are in the process of getting our wedding rings there too. Can't recommend them highly enough.

Advertisement