Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler upgrade info and cost advice

Options
  • 22-05-2014 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi lads, I'm looking into upgrading my old baxi solo 2 boiler as I hear it is a very inefficient boiler. I live in a semi detached 3 bedroom house and I'm just looking for information on what kinda money would I be looking at for a new boiler installation? We are not upgrading our heating controls just want to take out our old boiler and upgrade it. What size boiler would I need considering my old one is a baxi solo 2 50pf and what boiler do ye guys recommend I should get?

Also just to finish up is it really worth upgrading? I know my baxi is a very inefficient boiler but it has never really giving me trouble apart for replacing the fan about 2 years ago and it running fine now. Would I really make much savings in the long run in upgrading to a A rated boiler.

Thanks for reading any advise would be much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭esox28

Tbh with you, upgrading a solo to he boiler won't make a very noticeable difference to your gas consumption, with out looking at your property as a whole jigsaw. What I mean is he boiler is only one part of the puzzle, controls, cylinder insulation, house insulation and well sealed windows and doors. when your aim is energy efficiency.

Heating controls and boiler upgrade go hand in hand, if you can't afford to complete or the boiler is working well, then maybe set aside some euro for the eventual full upgrade.

The solo are a great little boiler, bullet proof heat exchanger.

You would be looking at @€;2500 max for this upgrade including powerflush, co alarm, system chemicals, plus all other associated works involved.

Advertisement