Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID shock sensors on Siemens SPC43XX

Options
  • 22-05-2014 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hello All,

Just a quick question on the Siemens SPC43XX system. Does it support ID shock sensors? I'm putting in a new alarm in a new house & think the ID sensors are possibly the way to go, rather than the dumber type of shock sensor. I'm fairly sure it does but I can't seem to find a part (& accompanying part number). Looking for wired sensors.

Also anybody know an appropriate SAB for this system?

Thanks,

Leo

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

ID sensors are HKC and only work with their panels. From my experience they are more hassle than they are worth. Using global sensors with duel eol wiring you can nearly always split a zone up sufficiently.
    For external sab I'd recommend the Pyronix Delta Bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭leo738

Many thanks for the reply, sounds like a good idea.

Two other questions if you don't mind

I was thinking about getting a pair of IOPW6-11 wireless smoke detectors but would prefer wired combined carbon monoxide/ smoke detectors. Do you know if they're available?

Also is it worth paying the extra for the €170 or so for the SPCK623.100 Comfort Keypad with Audio and Card Reader over the standard keypad? It's only for a home so I'm unsure whether the extra is worth it.

Thanks,

Leo

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi
    I'm not sure if those detectors are available.
    It's a matter of preference on the comfort keypads. I have them in my house, are you going to use the audio features?

Yes, I think your correct about the carbon monoxide & smoke detector, there doesn't seem to be a combined unit available.

With regards to the audio features I'm not sure. Does it just announce that the alarm is set/unset? I see it also includes a microphone to listen into the house but I'm not sure how useful that would be. I think one of the cameras taking a snapshot would be more useful.

Leo

The comfort keypad allows you to upload audio files to use for various events.

• Advertisement

Thanks, not sure if we'd use such a feature.

Advertisement