Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery won't charge

Options
  • 22-05-2014 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭

The battery on my laptop (dell latitude) doesn't seem to charge?

It's stuck on 3% all the time, the adapter seems to be perfect and whilst doing a battery health check in bios it says everthing fine.. so i don't understand whats going on:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭flids.utd

Hi, I had the a problem with mine last week (cpu running 100% and freezing) wiped it reinstalled windows and opened it and cleaned it out, my battery is goosed anyway,maybe 5 mins fully charged,
    After all this it was still messing around and the message at the battery said plugged in ,not charging, 7%, I hadn't noticed that before,maybe it was like that all along?
    googling brings up a multitude of nightmare charger possibilities
    I got away with the easiest one
    carefully cleaned the battery port on the laptop, and the end of the lead and not much visible dirt, and now its limping away as good as it gets again
    Try it you've nothing to lose, just be very careful of the tiny connections in laptop and there's a tiny pin in the centre of the lead, not to damage these, hope it works for you

Advertisement