Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New anime recommendation

Options
  • 22-05-2014 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭

I havnt been keeping up with new anime for good while and looking for something to watch with a mate. We are big fans of the berserk movies, the hellsing ultimate ovas and Claymore.

Looking for something with fair amount of action/battle scenes. Stylized, slick action with lots of blood happening packaged within a decent storyline with interesting characters. Probably lot of stuff out there like this so just recommend like top 3 that come to mind.

Thanks ^^

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Attack on Titan is good for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Oh nice recommendation. watched a trailer...im getting a Gurren Lagann feel from it.

Thanks Cherry ^^

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Ah if you liked Gurren Lagann you may like Kill la Kill as well so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Try Shigurui: Death Frenzy

It's not overly stylized action, more brutal and dark than slick, but it's seriously violent and you've got a good story to back it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Also, I kinda don't know if I should recommend Elfen Lied or not, but... Elfen Lied :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

carbonkid wrote: »
    I havnt been keeping up with new anime for good while and looking for something to watch with a mate. We are big fans of the berserk movies, the hellsing ultimate ovas and Claymore.

Looking for something with fair amount of action/battle scenes. Stylized, slick action with lots of blood happening packaged within a decent storyline with interesting characters. Probably lot of stuff out there like this so just recommend like top 3 that come to mind.

Thanks ^^

Its not new or anything but have you seen gungrave?

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Ah if you liked Gurren Lagann you may like Kill la Kill as well so :)

Yea this one is high on my list...not sure my mate would be into it though.
    Links234 wrote: »
    Also, I kinda don't know if I should recommend Elfen Lied or not, but... Elfen Lied :D

Thanks for the Shigurui: Death Frenzy recommendation...checked out trailer you posted and looks really cool. Creators of ninja scroll and black lagoon...cant go wrong!!!

Elfen Lied is awesome just for the first half of the first episode alone. Best intro i ever seen...shame rest of the show doesn't hold up as well.
    Its not new or anything but have you seen gungrave?

No man never seen this one. Checked out the trailer...apparently its based on a computer game?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Aye came out on ps2 never played it though, the anime series is brilliant, another one id recommend that is quite violent is tokko.

Advertisement