Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bridport Prize

Options
  • 22-05-2014 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭

Hi,

Did any one ever enter a short story or poem in the Bridport Prize writing competition ? The deadline is the 31st and I have a couple of poems I was going to submit but one rule states that they must never have been published before on the internet, blogs or forums etc.

Does that mean if you stuck a poem up on boards it is ineligible ? I haven't but did post two poems on a poetry forum and don't want to waste the fee. You pay £8 per entry !

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Carra23 wrote: »
    Hi,

Did any one ever enter a short story or poem in the Bridport Prize writing competition ? The deadline is the 31st and I have a couple of poems I was going to submit but one rule states that they must never have been published before on the internet, blogs or forums etc.

Does that mean if you stuck a poem up on boards it is ineligible ? I haven't but did post two poems on a poetry forum and don't want to waste the fee. You pay £8 per entry !

Yeah it means that. You could ask for them to be taken down. Whether or not the will be is another story. :D

I thought it was closed actually. Must have a look at it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Carra23

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Yeah it means that. You could ask for them to be taken down. Whether or not the will be is another story. :D

I thought it was closed actually. Must have a look at it again.

No closing date definitely end of this month, they have a count down clock on the site.

Well the deadline looms so did anyone submit an entry in any format, poem, short story or flash fiction ?

I submitted a short story today and would have entered 2 poems only for I posted them both to a poetry forum/website two weeks ago !

I submitted a flash fiction and short story tonight.

Expensive enough entry fee.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I have poems I've not posted anywhere Ithink, so I'm submitting those

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

If I ever get past that fcuking captcha

bluewolf wrote: »
    If I ever get past that fcuking captcha

I had the same problem!

Fecking yoke!

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I had the same problem!

Fecking yoke!

20 attempts later and my poems are submitted and hopefully fully compliant with the guidelines

Load of nonsense so they are but sure there we go

bluewolf wrote: »
    20 attempts later and my poems are submitted and hopefully fully compliant with the guidelines

Load of nonsense so they are but sure there we go

Yeah, I was there with PayPal open thinking, "Do I really want to spend £16 on entering this crap?"

Ah well.

I thought the entry fee was a bit steep too. I'd say they get 1000's of entries.

• Advertisement

Will the judges comment on my work?

No, Judges are unable to comment on individual entries

Pfff
    for that fee!

Advertisement