Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Club

Options
  • 22-05-2014 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

I am trying to get a new AI club set up in Ashbourne. Are there any experienced heads & coaches out there who would be available to give a hand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

Where are ya thinking of setting up in Ashbourne as i was looking for a club near there.

Are you looking for instinctive (traditional archery) or olympic? I would love to help but im not back home in ashbourne/ireland until sept/oct due to work.
    Andy

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Midnight64

Hi Andy,
    We are still looking for a venue, there are a couple of places in-mind.

I shoot a pyramid flatbow instinctively, a recurve and am setting up a compound at the moment too so I am able to choose, depending on my mood!!

It is important to me that all disciplines are encouraged (and there are plenty of those, we have even seen some Yumi bows in Ireland recently!!). I prefer to field shoot but it is much easier to initially set-up to have a target archery club.

I would welcome your help and hope to be up and running by the time you return. Are you a member of IAAA?

Afraid im not a member :/ never had the chance to join. But more than happy to help out :)

All disciplines is the best approach to be honest as i know some clubs here in malta force only one style upon you.

It is much easier to get all beginners to start with a takedown recurve barebow and then allow them to follow their own path. As you know there are many different styles and target types and in my opinion we should all get on together. Unfortunately, as with any walk of life there are "fundamentalists" who take the "mine is the only way" opinion.

Membership would require membership of AAAI as there is a whole insurance, guarda vetting and supported training program that comes with that but as soon as the 6 week course is over it would be down to the starters to develop their interests and skills with the support of experienced club and association members.

AAAI currently have a temporary trial period friendship agreement with IFAF allowing members of both organisations to attend and shoot at each others shoots and competitions. so far this has proved very popular with all. Long may it continue.

I look forward to meeting you when you return.

Is Paderborn (sp.?) restaurant still open in St Paul's Bay?

I'll pm you when im finished work this evening :) I havent been up to St pauls in a few weeks but will take a look when im there next im down the south of the country lol.

• Advertisement

Inaugural shoot for this new club is tonight.

www.facebook.com/ashbournearchers?ref_type=bookmark

Advertisement