Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NUI Certificate in Science, Back to Education and the Fee

Options
  • 22-05-2014 2:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone knew how/when/where the information is regarding the waiving of the fee for the NUI Certificate course if you qualify for Back to Education (as I do). Beyond stating that the fee is waived it doesn't elaborate on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭upinthesky

When registering for the coarse you just bring you letter for back to education allowance, i think that sorts it, best of look if you're doing the course, i did it and found it great..

• Registered Users Posts: 45 GreasyBaconCat

One final question if I may, does anyone know where I can find information on whether the foundation course allows you to actually claim BTE? I know that if you qualify you can get the fee waived but I can't find information on if I can actually claim it or not. :(

yes it does, once you havent a level 6 cert or higher.

it is a level 6 coarse

• Registered Users Posts: 45 GreasyBaconCat

Ah, gotcha. Thank you all for the help. :)

• Advertisement

No prob, if you want any more info feel free to post here, or pm me.

it's not part time it's full time, and it's level 6

The course is full-time and delivered over two 12-week semesters. There is a minimum attendance requirement of 80%. Examinations take place in January and May.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Apologies, I was reading another thread and got my subjects completely crossed.

Advertisement