Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, 7" Charge problem

Options
  • 21-05-2014 9:08pm

About a week ago when I charged my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, it went to 100% and then discharged fully in about 20mins. Has been doing this since. A couple of mins after plugging in it shows as 100% charged.
    Mediaserver is using most battery, so I deleted data and rebooted. Didn't work.
    Checked for corrupt media files as suggested on a android forums. Didn't work.
    Did a factory reset, removed SD card. Didn't work.
    Have no idea what is the problem. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭DERPY DERPFACE

A couple of mins after plugging in it shows as 100% charged.

It obviously isn't charged after a few mins. Try fully draining the battery ie when it turns of for low battery keep trying to turn it on until screen doesn't light up. Then fully charge for around 2 hours without turning it on.

It obviously isn't charged after a few mins. Try fully draining the battery ie when it turns of for low battery keep trying to turn it on until screen doesn't light up. Then fully charge for around 2 hours without turning it on.

I did leave it on charge overnight after the battery died but same thing happened when I turned it on.
    It could be that it is falsely registering as fully charged and then not charging any further. Deffo seems like the battery is not holding the charge or charging.
    Could it be an issue with the charger rather than the tablet?

Advertisement