Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec alarm/HKC sensor

Options
  • 21-05-2014 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi all,
    I have a Astec 49 alarm system that I want to change the sensors on. As Astec has been bought out by HKC and Astec sensors are no longer available, I have got HKC slimline sensors.
    Can anyone post a wiring diagram for these sensors using the two wire setup of the Astec system, I want to use the inertia, tamper and shock features of the sensors. Also can anyone
    tell what ohm resistors are needed ?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If its just a shock sensor with no contact no resistors are needed. Simply series in the pair for the sensor & the pair for the tamper,. If a contact is being used you series in that as well & wire a 680ohm resistor in parallel across the contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 JABKELL

KoolKid wrote: »
    If its just a shock sensor with no contact no resistors are needed. Simply series in the pair for the sensor & the pair for the tamper,. If a contact is being used you series in that as well & wire a 680ohm resistor in parallel across the contact.

Thanks, any chance you could put up a picture or diagram I want to make sure I get this right and not do any damage to the main board.

Advertisement