Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone held in customs

Options
  • 21-05-2014 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭

Sorry for posting here but I guess their might be someone who has come across this. Anyway I purchased a phone from Spemall (In china) over two weeks ago, it arrived in Shannon last Thursday morning and is held by customs since then even though I sent the Paypal invoice to them straight away.
    I rang Dhl to find out what the issue was but they didn't get back to me with an answer and said that they would contact customs to find out what the issue was
    Its annoying as I paid extra for the Dhl express service.
    Is this normal ???

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

The Cuban wrote: »
    Sorry for posting here but I guess their might be someone who has come across this. Anyway I purchase a phone from Spemall over two weeks ago, it arrived in Shannon last Thursday morning and is held by customs since then even though I sent the Paypal invoice to them straight away.
    I rang Dhl to find out what the issue was but they didnt get back to me with an answer and said that they would contact customs to find out what the issue was
    Its annoying as I paid extra for the Dhl express service.
    Is this normal ???

Is it a clone of a named brand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Cuban

Its a Jiayu s4

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

The Cuban wrote: »
    Its a Jiayu s4

They usually release it straight away once payment has been made!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

They usually release it straight away once payment has been made!

Have they informed you if you have to pay charges or not ? Does the phone look like a Samsung S4 ? If it does you might find it gets confiscated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Cuban

As far as I know the phone has been confiscated, DHL didnt know for sure and I have no way of contacting customs to find out.
    Anyway I`m going to try to claim my money back from Paypal by saying the phone was confiscated due to the seller under declaring the value of the goods

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I think you would have to be very unlucky for it to have been confiscated. What does the tracking on DHL say? If it is being confiscated they will send you a letter explaining why.

Advertisement