Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bravecto?

Options
  • 21-05-2014 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭

Is this product any good?

If so how effective is it compared to say stronghold or prac tic?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

It's as good, but offers twelve weeks' protection. Brand new to the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Aru

Brand new on the market.We have got in stock at work and i think be using it on my dog once she's due next month as its tick season now.With a seperate wormer.

Tablet form instead of spot on,big enough tablet which can be an issue if they are fussy(though it is flavoured) but no worries about swimming washing or residues.
    great for ticks,bar the seresto collar its the best on the market at the moment..and kills in a short enough time frame preventing lyme disease which is a hugh plus.
    Flea control looks respectable...kills live fleas on the dog in a few short hours(great timeframe compared to most on the market) and kills all future biters for 12 weeks.
    12 weeks of tick control against the types of ticks found in Ireland is also exceptional.

Practic only has a 4 week cover period for ticks and fleas(though it is great for harvest mites for some reason)doesnt cover worms and most mites

Stronghold does not prevent ticks...and is monthly for flea prevention.it also does some worms and mites.

Advocate similar to stronghold.no tick cover,does various mites and worms.Is used to treat lungworm.is monthly for flea control.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭big_drive

Just bringing up this old thread.

I was given this tablet yesterday by my vet to given to our Bichon and Shih Tzu instead our the Stronghold we usually give them. He said every 3 months as opposed to the monthly stronghold which is a bonis

Just wondering how people here have found it?

I googled and saw some negative stuff regarding dogs having reactions etc so was a bit concerned to see that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

I've been using Bravecto for about 18 months. My dog had a nasty reaction to the Advocate spot-on but so far so good with the Bravecto. It doesn't cover lungworm though. You can use Milbemax monthly to make sure the dogs are protected from that. Chat with your vet about the prevalence of lungworm in your area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

I believe it is recommended that one uses alternating flea treatments - rather than using the same one over and over - I stand to be corrected on this by more knowlegable folks on here - but I alternate Advocate and another-product-whos-name-Ive-forgotten

• Advertisement
Advertisement