Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Noise in Vauxhall Astra 1.2 diesel 2007

Options
  • 21-05-2014 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi folks,

There is a scraping noise in my car, (unfortunately for some time now), I've had it looked at and no joy to try to figure what it is, I have narrowed it down to a possible gearbox problem, had the gearbox reconditioned 18 months+ by a reputable person but noise has become more frequent, and noticing it now up to 4th!! Never hear it when I up in 5th/6th and travelling at higher speed, only notice it on the smaller roads when tipping along. Release bearing may be ruled out as it doesn't always go away when the clutch is in, (it does stop when i take it out of gear and let it freewheel and will start again when I put it back in gear), have my suspicions it will be an expensive solution but has anyone any suggestions/ideas what may be causing it?? It is a scraping sound as opposed to a grinding (ie wheel bearing gone) I know it's very hard to diagnose a noise on the internet but any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement