Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best media centre for my needs

Options
  • 21-05-2014 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

I'm looking in investing basically I want a media centre that will run all the usual Netflix, spotify ect. But also will allow a HDD that is not FAT32 to connect and read it...I've been advised on the prestigio multi centre box? Good option?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,007 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

masterjk wrote: »
    I'm looking in investing basically I want a media centre that will run all the usual Netflix, spotify ect. But also will allow a HDD that is not FAT32 to connect and read it...I've been advised on the prestigio multi centre box? Good option?

When you say "not FAT32" .... does that mean something capable of using Fat & NTFS only would be acceptable, or are you looking for something that can read a different filesystem?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭masterjk

When you say "not FAT32" .... does that mean something capable of using Fat & NTFS only would be acceptable, or are you looking for something that can read a different filesystem?
    NTFS Comparability is what I'm looking for for an external HDD

• Registered Users Posts: 14,007 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

masterjk wrote: »
    NTFS Comparability is what I'm looking for for an external HDD

I don't know about Netflix, Spotify or etc ...... but this one seems to do a lot for the price ..

https://www.adverts.ie/media-players/sumvision-cyclone-micro-4-wifi-media-player-streamer-with-miracast-dlna/5391996

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

The 'WDTV Live Streaming' box is a safe bet. Super easy to use and plays 'most' video formats.

Advertisement