Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to record an EP

Options
  • 21-05-2014 9:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi,

Our five-piece band is looking to record an EP. We're based near Dublin and we play a mixture of acoustic pop, blues, folk and reggae originals. We've done some home recordings but we'd like a producer to come along and guide us through the process, to have a vision for our songs and what they could be and add to it instrumentally and electronically. Obviously, we'd prefer to do that with someone who has produced similar stuff before. There are lots of good production companies in Ireland but a lot of the time it seems like the band members played their bit, it was stuck together and then released. We are looking for something more collaborative. We are also open to working with a producer who has produced stuff that we like but who needs lyrics and melody.

Some of our influences include Paul Simon, Stevie Wonder, Iron and Wine, Haim... We're going for a full, melodic, lively and imaginative sound.

If anyone could point us in the right direction, we'd be grateful!

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Lads, whats your budget? The best way for you to go about this is listen to songs that you like and find out who produced them and make contact. Obviously Irish preferred, cause you go looking elsewhere its going to cost you a fortune. And even getting a good "Producer" with a track record in Ireland isn't going to be cheap. And then presumably you will take the "Producer" into a studio to work with an engineer?

I'd suggest that you get into a demo studio and work with the engineer/producer and see what occurs...have you recorded the band in a pro studio before?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭TonyM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭ShiftStorm

We've some money put aside and would try a Fundit for the rest so I guess we're looking at a few thousand. We've done recording with an engineer in a studio before. The result was as expected: clean and clear recordings of each instrument and vocals mixed together into some pleasant songs.

We're looking for something more. A producer who can hear the potential in a song and have the ability to take it further and make it the best it can be, hopefully by contributing to it musically him/herself too.

Thanks, TonyM. Will check them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭micko4

Let us know how you get on I'd be interested to hear about this too

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭micko4

Let us know how you get on I'd be interested to hear about this too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭paulheu

Did you record multi track or straight to two track?

If you want to share or bring stems I'd be happy to see what I can do.. PM me if ur interested.

Advertisement