Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raspberry pi hooked up to monitor.

Options
  • 20-05-2014 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi guys have my raspberry pi hooking up to a computer screen by hdmi. No sound tried the audio jack on the side of the pi. No joy. Any ideas other then buying a TV.

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭arodabomb

oldon wrote: »
    Hi guys have my raspberry pi hooking up to a computer screen by him. No sound tried the audio jack on the side. No joy. Any ideas other then buying a TV.

Thanks guys.

Can you provide a little bit more detail. What OS are you running on it? How are you outputting video to the screen.

If you are outputting video over the hdmi (via dvi to the monitor) then there is a good chance that the audio signal is being sent over this too. You can switch it to output through the jack too. If you're using raspbmc then it should be under audio settings, if you're using one of the linux distros, a bit of googling should give you the commands to turn that on. I can't remember off hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭niallb

Does the monitor normally handle sound over HDMI?
    I have a monitor with a HDMI socket, but it only handles DVI, so there's no audio.
    I need to run the sound from the audio jack into a pair of speakers with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭oldon

niallb wrote: »
    Does the monitor normally handle sound over HDMI?
    I have a monitor with a HDMI socket, but it only handles DVI, so there's no audio.
    I need to run the sound from the audio jack into a pair of speakers with it.

Running raspxbmc the monitor is a bog standard 22 inch screen. Does not support audio. Looking to run audio from the raspberry it's self if possible to a set of speakers. Can this be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,007 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

oldon wrote: »
    Running raspxbmc the monitor is a bog standard 22 inch screen. Does not support audio. Looking to run audio from the raspberry it's self if possible to a set of speakers. Can this be done.

Yes ..... just switch the audio out from the HDMI to the on board jack, and connect that to an amplifier/speakers with amp etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭niallb

It'll be in the system -> settings -> audio in xbmc.
    Select analog under output and output device.

• Advertisement
Advertisement