Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to study for Higher Level leaving cert business

Options
  • 20-05-2014 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am really struggling in Leaving Cert Business, I got 50% in the mocks. I have not really had a great teacher, but i haven't done much work in business. I am aiming to get over a C3. I really need to cover the whole course, what is the best way to study for business, I am really not looking for an A but a C1 B3 would be nice. My tactic to date in the business paper is to pass it by waffling which does work for me but i wont achieve over a D1 by doing this. The ABQ is my strongest point, then i just waffle. Today i started writing out Revise Wise Notes starting from unit 1, very time consuming, any advice to maximise my grade

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Focus on the ABQ content (units 1,2 and 3), and maybe do unit 5 too. It's late now so you should probably just ignore the other units.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

You're probably better off doing mind maps or bullet points rather than writing everything out, of course every person is different. Keep doing exam questions and it will eventually come. You don't need to write out the full answer, but it may help to write out the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

Go through all the q's and write out what you would say for example "outline four entrepreneurial characteristics/skills LoveLamps showed"
    Just write four bullets
    -prosctive
    -risk taker
    -confident/positive
    -innovative
    No need to write out the full answer as its self explanatory from there.
    There are LOADS of ABQ's in the exam papers, do at least 5 of them and try do EVERY year of short q's as they basically cover the whole course. After that i'd focus on q5's and do ALL of them as they are generally wuite easy and ratios are tipped to come up this year too

• Registered Users Posts: 29 loudona

Focus on the ABQ and convert everything to bullet points or mind maps. The more bullet points the better!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Take a sheet and write, let's say, "Chapter 1 - People in Business" on it and then go through the chapter and take the key concepts and definitions. Write down the definition for entrepreneur, the parts of a contract etc. This way doesn't take up a lot of space and you'll have a sheet or two per chapter that you can easily look back on. At this stage definitely focus on the ABQ units. You'll be able to get through the short questions and the ABQ fine with those and probably be able to muddle through the long ones. Since you're looking for a C3, it's very reachable. Business is a subject that rewards you for knowing the general concepts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement