Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First fix wiring for alarm

Options
  • 20-05-2014 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    I'm doing up first fix requirements for house build, and looking for any advice regarding alarm wiring. I'm hoping to put in a Siemens SPC 4320, so looking for any tips / guidance if there's any specifics for this system.

Thanks!

Tom

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Try wire each room on a separate cable that will help you split up the zones as much as possible, The SPC 4300 range comes with IP & you can have up to 32 zones. If you need more zones go for the 5300.
    Run a CAT5/6 from the panel to your broadband router for you IP access.
    Also consider some cat 5/6 for IP cameras. Many of these can be added to the Siemens system and can be viewed over thedetails?id=com.WebDevs.SPCanywhere.
    Wire for as many keypads as you think you may want & for PiRs in as many rooms as you can afford. Remember , you don't have to install all at once, but at least you will be future proofing. Also wire a cable from the panel to your incoming phone line in case you need this for monitoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

Cool, can you tell me if Siemens can do hard-wired smoke and heat detectors with battery backup that will meet the regs for a new build?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Siemens don't, but any 12v smoke detector will be good as it's utilising the battery back up from the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

I use the GE/ UTC smoke and heat detectors all the time, just wire a 4 core alarm cable out to them from the panel.

Advertisement