Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Age Restrictions at concerts

Options
  • 20-05-2014 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi, I'm going to Biffy Clyro in Royal Hospital Kilmainham this June. However I've found out it's actually over 18s. I'm 16, but I do look a lot older. Do they ask for ID? I've heard from people who have got into 18s concerts they aren't strict, so is this venue the same? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

Hi, I'm going to Biffy Clyro in Royal Hospital Kilmainham this June. However I've found out it's actually over 18s. I'm 16, but I do look a lot older. Do they ask for ID? I've heard from people who have got into 18s concerts they aren't strict, so is this venue the same? Thanks.

The 18s gigs are usually reasonably strict.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

It's a shame actually that people have to be over 18 to go and enjoy some music.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Toast

It is simply because most smaller venues do not see an economic reason to go through the hassle of having ID checks or some system of separation where U18s could be at a licensed premise and not have access to drinks. Ultimately they can be fined or lose a license if they are found to be providing U18s with drink. Big events do let U18 in and have bouncers on the bars. Just economics of scale around enforcing the law on underage drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 shanemcm

Did you get in?

Advertisement