Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding dress cleaning?

Options
  • 20-05-2014 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I'm looking to get a wedding dress cleaned, it's Ian Stuart, quite big & a lot of motifs. Can anyone recommend a dry cleaner, I've heard of people having bad experiences with some before. Would you pm me if you can recommend anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭Gatica

Could you give your town or region please, as you'll get more appropriate responses.
    I got mine done with Shannon Dry Cleaners in Galway on Prospect Hill. Quite happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭kkcatlou

I'm also looking for somewhere decent in Dublin. Bought my dress at a sample sale, so want it cleaned before I wear it. There is a tiny stain on the arse (typical), and a lot of detail at the top, but it's a really small light dress (Jenny Packham) so I'm hoping it shouldn't cost €200 or more as I've heard some places charge (that would be almost half what the dress cost me to buy!!). Any advice for good places in Dublin? Wedding is not for 3 1/2 months but think I should probably get it done soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

kkcatlou wrote: »
    I'm also looking for somewhere decent in Dublin. Bought my dress at a sample sale, so want it cleaned before I wear it. There is a tiny stain on the arse (typical), and a lot of detail at the top, but it's a really small light dress (Jenny Packham) so I'm hoping it shouldn't cost €200 or more as I've heard some places charge (that would be almost half what the dress cost me to buy!!). Any advice for good places in Dublin? Wedding is not for 3 1/2 months but think I should probably get it done soon.

I'm in Dublin area too! I've gotten prices between 110-180. The latter is a tried and trusted place but typically the cheaper one isn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭kkcatlou

Great. Could you let me know (PM me or here) where they are. I presume none have been recommended though (otherwise you wouldn't be asking!!).

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

I got mine cleaned in Excel Dry Cleaners on Dame Lane after the event and it was perfect. Also got it archived and it worked out about €300 for both so not too bad. Think the cleaning on its own was about 160. I'd definitely recommend it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I paid 70 in our local dry cleaners for mine. In Kildare.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I paid 70 in our local dry cleaners for mine. In Kildare.

Brilliant, would you mind pmimg me?

Will on you now kkat.

Thanks for recommendation of excel dry cleaners!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I used Craft Cleaners on Baggot St (close to Mespil Road) - I'd highly recommend them. They are expensive but if your dress was expensive and delicate then it's worth the peace of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

There's one in clonshaugh industrial estate that's been recommended to me. I can't vouch for it as I haven't used it yet, but its been mentioned by numerous brides on a Facebook page I'm on. Its only €30. When I get around to getting mine done ill leave feedback.

Dee01 wrote: »
    There's one in clonshaugh industrial estate that's been recommended to me. I can't vouch for it as I haven't used it yet, but its been mentioned by numerous brides on a Facebook page I'm on. Its only €30. When I get around to getting mine done ill leave feedback.

Great I'll have a look thanks :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement