Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing in Dun Laoghaire

Options
  • 20-05-2014 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Does anyone know anything about fishing in dun laoghaire can you fish off the peir and or is ther any other good spots along that coast bray into town direction?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

You'll only get the odd small fish inside the Harbour, you'd have better luck fishing from the ends of either Pier. Try Killiney Beach, better fishing

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Nodster

Inside the harbour at the end of the East Pier [out 80+ yards can hook some nice plaice]
    Tight lines ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭MarcinG

Any good spots around for spinning? I mostly do spinning in fresh water for pike and perch but they are letting me down big time this year (tiny little jacks etc). I managed to get some pollack of east pier in dun laoghaire last year but only small fish (20-30cm with few odd ones in 50cm range). Not a single bite from other pier. Also got once some of slightly bigger pollock/cod (and few pollock 70cm+ managed to escape few feet away from landing net) from kayak (near shaganagh cliffs) not too far out but no luck from shore there. I tried around bray head from boat year before - without luck (got mackerel few times and some dogfish).
    I have decent inflatable boat with outboard and float tube (useless in sea currents i guess).

i'm using either pilk like spoons, blade lures and red tail plastics.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

I've always thought it strange that Dun Laoghaire harbour wouldn't be much better for fishing. I don't mean at the end of the pier, but within the actual harbour itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭wiz569

EmptyTree wrote: »
    I've always thought it strange that Dun Laoghaire harbour wouldn't be much better for fishing. I don't mean at the end of the pier, but within the actual harbour itself.

Used to fish inside the harbour were the commercial fishing boats docked, this is going back 35-40 yrs, but fishing was good then, mainly pollack and mackerel and the odd mullet :)

God I feel old lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭HappyDaze007

I got the young lad in to the fishing 6 months ago, he loves going to the band stand where we could catch nothing but pin whiting and the odd small codling, nothing to brag about but the young lad was astactic, we had to walk to the end of the pier to catch (Sunday) we've not had a blank yet although fish is poor but still, keeps the young lad entertained..
    Keep within the harbour as the other side is just tackle snagging stuff unless float fishing id say..

With the weather suppose to good this weekend and the tide coming towards dusk things should be good... btw.. we used rag....

tight lines folks..

Advertisement