Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best deal - €20/month prepay

Options
  • 20-05-2014 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭

I currently give vodafone €20/month - with free voda to voda calls - but I get raped on other calls outside of this deal.

Is there any operator offering a better deal than this? It would suit me better o be paying €20 with a certain number of minutes of calls to ALL networks.

Not bothered about data...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,908 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

For €20 on Tesco you could have all calls, texts and 5GB of data...or for €15, all calls, texts and 1GB

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 625 ✭✭✭roadsmart

Pacifico wrote: »
    For €20 on Tesco you could have all calls, texts and 5GB of data...or for €15, all calls, texts and 1GB

Cheapest I can see on their website for that is €25. What am I missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭jake is right

EMobile .......€20 monthly for 200 minutes to mobiles, plus unlimited free calls to any landlines. Plus data also.

48 seems to be the best value for a sim-only deal, with maybe 3 the next? 3 are €20.33 for unlimited 4g data and 350 flexi units on a one month contract.

• Advertisement

roadsmart wrote: »
    Cheapest I can see on their website for that is €25. What am I missing?

Top up by €15 and you get unlimited calls to any network (inc landline) then you can buy addons with that €15...http://www.tescomobile.ie/priceplans/add-ons.aspx

So €10 for unlimited texts & €5 for 1GB
    or top up by €20 and get the €10 for unlimited texts and €10 for 5Gb data

Best deal around imo!

Top up by €15 and you get unlimited calls to any network (inc landline) then you can buy addons with that €15...http://www.tescomobile.ie/priceplans/add-ons.aspx

So €10 for unlimited texts & €5 for 1GB
    or top up by €20 and get the €10 for unlimited texts and €10 for 5Gb data

Best deal around imo!

Right, I still think I'm missing something there.
    It looks like it's €25 for all calls/texts and 5gb, not €20?

How are you getting the €25?!

How are you getting the €25?!

€15 unlimited calls top up plus €10 for 5gb?

You just have to top up by €15 to activate unlimited calls, it doesn't actually take that credit! Then use the €15 credit to buy the addons in the link...

• Advertisement

Wow. I didn't realise you get to keep the credit, that's a fantastic deal. I see now where you get the €20; €15 top up, then use that credit plus a fiver to buy 5gb and unlimited texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Thanks all for posting. I should have done this a long time ago!

That deal from 48 looks like the one that fits my needs most. A couple of questions;

Has anyone ever ported their number over to them? How painful or painless is that?
    Also, I assume that I'm not locked into any ongoing contract with them - those are 30 day prepay deals I'm looking at, right?

And one final question....

With all of these deals with the various providers - where X number of landline/mobile minutes are included, is there a facility to check total minutes used during the course of the month?

If as you say you aren't bothered with data too much, the tesco €15 is better value for you than the 48 €20 unlimited. As I've just learned thanks to pacifico, you can top up by €15 which gives you unlimited calls to landlines/mobiles and then use the €15 to buy unlimited texts and 1gb data. Cheapest by far though is the 48 €10, but you're limited with calls/texts.
    Tesco have an app for checking your usage, as do 3. Not sure about the rest.

Worth pointing out that the 48 deal is unlimited minutes to other mobiles only (and 60 landline minutes) but the Tesco deal is is unlimited mobile and landline. There is ment to be an age restriction on 48 too, but it seems they don't enforce it!

If as you say you aren't bothered with data too much, the tesco €15 is better value for you than the 48 €20 unlimited.
    Understood - but I just need the €10 deal (for the moment. My usage pattern will change no doubt - later this year).

My vodafone credit just ran out. I've gone onto the 48 website - and I thought I could simply port across my number. Looks like they will port across but they have to send me out a sim?? Have others ported across from another provider to 48? Is this the way the process works? Their website gives very scant info on it.

I guess I will have to wait until Monday for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭NurseBridie

Be careful with calls to Lycamobile as it seems your free calls or minutes do not include them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,672 ✭✭✭flutered

Thanks all for posting. I should have done this a long time ago!

That deal from 48 looks like the one that fits my needs most. A couple of questions;

Has anyone ever ported their number over to them? How painful or painless is that?
    Also, I assume that I'm not locked into any ongoing contract with them - those are 30 day prepay deals I'm looking at, right?

And one final question....

With all of these deals with the various providers - where X number of landline/mobile minutes are included, is there a facility to check total minutes used during the course of the month?

i ported to 48 a while back, i think it took six hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Stormington

Just remember that you'll need to have an unlocked phone to use a 48 sim card.

There is one downside to those unlimited call bundles and it's that they don't count for premium numbers like Revenue and Bord Gais/ESB customer service numbers. Just something to bear in mind.

• Advertisement

Just remember that you'll need to have an unlocked phone to use a 48 sim card.
    No worries - phone is unlocked - so no issue there.
    There is one downside to those unlimited call bundles and it's that they don't count for premium numbers like Revenue and Bord Gais/ESB customer service numbers. Just something to bear in mind.
    Damn - that's going to be painful occasionally. :-(
    Thanks for the heads up though.

Damn - that's going to be painful occasionally. :-(
    Thanks for the heads up though.

If you google them, most of them have an alternative landline for folks ringing from abroad, etc.

If you google them, most of them have an alternative landline for folks ringing from abroad, etc.
    Good point..I'll bear that in mind.

All ported across now. This should cut my phone spend in half - and also leave me with more minutes and data ...if it works out. Thanks all.

To all "48months" service users: Do you find the internet very patchy -and non-functional a lot of the time?

A couple of weeks in - and this is my experience....unless of course, I'm doing something wrong??

Other than that, the deal works well for me - as I'm a very light phone and text user.

Advertisement