Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

line fault on home alarm when i plug in phone handset

Options
  • 20-05-2014 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.
    Im haveing am unusual problem with my house alarm system . It goes into fault with "Line Fault" when i plug in my landline phone in the house . I can plug my internet modem in no problem but when i plug in my handset the fault comes up.

I can plug the handset into the phone point in my bedroom without a problem but when i plug it in in the hallway it doesnt work and shows fault on the house alarm .

The phone used to be plugged into this point before without problem so i dont know why its causeing grief now.

Anyone have any idea why tgis would be happening ?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

And does the phone that you plug in work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

KoolKid wrote: »
    And does the phone that you plug in work?

The phone doesnt work when i plug it in in the hallway but the modem does work for the internet when i plug it in there

The phone works when i plug it in in the bedroom.

But it used to work in the hall

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It could be a fault with that socket and when you plug in the phone its shorts out the line.Have you another phone you can try in the same socket.?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

KoolKid wrote: »
    It could be a fault with that socket and when you plug in the phone its shorts out the line.Have you another phone you can try in the same socket.?

No but il borrow one tomorrow and try it.

Advertisement