Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC 10/70

Options
  • 20-05-2014 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hey guys
    I recently installed the above system to my home. I have connected output 1 to smart lights and all is working fine. Only question I have is can the lights be toggled on and off from the keypad without the need to input the user code.

At present they will come on in alarm and with the toggle from the keypad, but to toggle from the keypad, I need to press the lights button then input the code.

Thanks in advance
    Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

Hi Dave, I am not sure as the system complies with EN50131, then all function buttons with the exception of PA and Audio Recording have to have user code verification.

If you have engineer access set up a simple user code as user 2 or whatever is the next free user, eg code 99 then light button.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Just turn the quick codes on in the engineers menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Dave1014

Hi guys
    Thanks for the replies.
    Quick codes are enabled.
    Also would seem strange and a pain not to be able to switch lights on/off without codes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

The No button on the right of the keypad doubles up as a light button as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Dave1014

The No button on the right of the keypad doubles up as a light button as well.

I know that, I can switch on and off the light from the keypad which was not my question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

It works from the fob .
    The keypad will speak lights on.( depending on SW version) when using the fob.
    I think the button on the keypad is just for the keypad back light.
    Set an output to "lights" and use a relay to switch the power.
    I had this set up a while back for the Christmas lights.
    When the panel armed . All the Xmas lights would switch off

I didn't know it requested the user code for the lights button
    Try set " work to EN50131" to No

Advertisement