Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project Management Certification

Options
  • 20-05-2014 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Just want to gauge people's opinions of what certifications in project management are most relevant the the civil engineering industry. I have four years experience as an engineer and am looking to upskill. I think the Prince2 certification looks reasonable but am also looking at the CAPM offered by the PMI.....

Anyone got any opinions on which is best or whether there are other more worthwhile courses out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Tefral

Anyone high up the Chain in Construction that I know or have dealt with over the years has this as their qualification

http://www.tcd.ie/civileng/postgraduate/diploma/projectmanagement.php

• Registered Users Posts: 46 TransportCons

already have a MSc in PM so sorted on the academic front.... but want to get certification. Want to know if either CAPM/PMP or PRINCE2 are more relevant to civil engineering?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

On a general note (I don't work in civil engineering/construction) I would try and shoot for the PMP rather than the CAPM (same accrediting body as you probably know) if you're choosing PMI over APM.

Advertisement