Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keypad battery fault

Options
  • 20-05-2014 11:55am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭

How would I go about changing the battery on this HKC keypad? I have the engineers code, if that's needed.

307740.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

daveohdave wrote: »
    How would I go about changing the battery on this HKC keypad? I have the engineers code, if that's needed.

307740.jpg

There is no battery in the actual keypad. As this is a HKC 10/70 panel it also has the capability to monitor wireless detectors and it may very well be either a detector battery or indeed the control battery which are very different.

What was the actual fault that came up?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭iopener

open the lid on the alarm panel, you will put in your code as your alarm will go off, take care when disconnecting the battery leads, you take the battery to a eletrical wholesaler as sample ususally 12 volt 7ampere hour cost approx 20 euro, reconnect battery leads making sure you connect up the correct lead to the correct battery terminal, simply red to red black to black. close up your panel lid you might have to put in your code once more.its a fairly handy job.

iopener wrote: »
    open the lid on the alarm panel, you will put in your code as your alarm will go off, take care when disconnecting the battery leads, you take the battery to a eletrical wholesaler as sample ususally 12 volt 7ampere hour cost approx 20 euro, reconnect battery leads making sure you connect up the correct lead to the correct battery terminal, simply red to red black to black. close up your panel lid you might have to put in your code once more.its a fairly handy job.

Assuming of course that it is the panel battery.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭daveohdave

Sorry, it does indeed say "Panel Batt Flt", I assumed that meant the keypad. Is it the user code or the installer code I'll be prompted for?

Speaking of which, how do I go about testing the admin code I have, just in case I took it down wrong?

Have to find the damned thing next, wrote it down on a piece of paper rather than do the intelligent thing and put it in my KeePass!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭iopener

sorry i jumped the gun with my reponse, well atleast he knows how to change the panel battery, if its a wireless detector its a similar enough process but with the trouble of locating the dectector with the battery fault,

• Advertisement

daveohdave wrote: »
    Sorry, it does indeed say "Panel Batt Flt", I assumed that meant the keypad. Is it the user code or the installer code I'll be prompted for?

Speaking of which, how do I go about testing the admin code I have, just in case I took it down wrong?

Have to find the damned thing next, wrote it down on a piece of paper rather than do the intelligent thing and put it in my KeePass!

Iopener was spot on with the instructions. I would recommend a 12 volt 7 amp battery. The user code will stop the noise, with the panel you have and the fact it complies with the latest standards then it will only beep.

Thank you both!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

As a matter of interest. How long was the old battery in?

I wouldn't swear to it, but I'm pretty sure it's in there since it was installed, in June or July of 2010.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I'd be expecting a little bit longer on a brand new system and battery.

• Advertisement

All done, thank you folks!

Advertisement