Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork South-Central candidates.

Options
  • 20-05-2014 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭

Hi.

Is there a list of all Cork South Central candidates for the 2014 European/Irish local elections?

How many sheets will there be on the day of voting? 2?

It would be ideal if instead of individual candidates being posted through the letter box, instead they'd post a sheet with all the candidates with brief summaries about them.

Cheers.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

• Registered Users Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭Worztron

mordeith wrote: »

Cheers.

Will there be a single sheet to vote on?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Worztron wrote: »
    Cheers.

Will there be a single sheet to vote on?

One for Local Elections one for Europeans I would say.

One for Local Elections one for Europeans I would say.

So the candidates in the linked page are all of them? Which is for local and which is for European? The election process is very shabby.

I'm getting election leaflets with different people to those on that page. WTF?

I've received these in the past few days:
    Diarmuid O'Flynn (Independent)
    Liadh Ní Riada (Sinn Féin)
    etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭clerk

I'm getting election leaflets with different people to those on that page. WTF?

I've received these in the past few days:
    Diarmuid O'Flynn (Independent)
    Liadh Ní Riada (Sinn Féin)
    etc.

the 2 you mention are for the European election.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/labour-faces-wipeout-in-euro-elections-as-poll-gives-ff-chance-of-three-seats-1.1800628

the link above in the earlier post is for the local elections only ( as far as l can tell).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

Local Election Candidates - Cork South-Central
    http://electionsireland.org/biographies.cfm?election=2014L&cons=455

European Election Candidates - Cork South-Central
    http://electionsireland.org/result.cfm?election=2014E&cons=242

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Jason1984 wrote: »
    Local Election Candidates - Cork South-Central
    http://electionsireland.org/biographies.cfm?election=2014L&cons=455

European Election Candidates - Cork South-Central
    http://electionsireland.org/result.cfm?election=2014E&cons=242

is that them all??? i thought Kate martin was running too in that ward?

She's running in Cork south east!

She's running in Cork south east!

apologies i am all confused,
    so michael martin does has someone running in every south ward so? :eek:

• Advertisement

Yes, there's at least 1 FF candidate running in every ward :)
    I'll prob vote O'Halloran 1, Finn 2 in Cork south central, they're the only 2 grafters in my view.

Yes, there's at least 1 FF candidate running in every ward :)
    I'll prob vote O'Halloran 1, Finn 2 in Cork south central, they're the only 2 grafters in my view.

no :D i mean his niece in south east, his brother in south central and his secretary in carrigaline-ballincollig.

What are your opinions on Ella Goddin i saw her photo doing the rounds of her on a unicycle!

Ah,I get you now! :) He'll have his postman running at this rate!

Saw that too today, haven't really looked into her but looks a bit gimmicky! I'd prefer someone who could solve local issues without the use of a unicycle :D

I think it'd be a good idea for peoples voting constituency to be on the polling cards. That way, they'd be certain which candidates are available to vote for.

I voted this morn and was almost certain that I was in Cork South–Central but I looked at the local election vote sheet and it said Cork South–West. I don't recall ever voting in Cork South–West. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

I think it'd be a good idea for peoples voting constituency to be on the polling cards. That way, they'd be certain which candidates are available to vote for.

I voted this morn and was almost certain that I was in Cork South–Central but I looked at the local election vote sheet and it said Cork South–West. I don't recall ever voting in Cork South–West. :confused:

Same here.

I had no idea who to vote for until we got into the polling room.

Even then, I had no idea who 95% of the people were that were in the running.

MrFrisp wrote: »
    Same here.

It's a shame because there were a few independents on the sheet but I knew nothing about them (did all my research on Cork South-Central candidates) so could not vote for them. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

MrFrisp wrote: »
    Same here.

LOL at that! Does anyone know WHO the councillors are running for re-election? I didn't even see mine until last week!! Only one of the elected councillors have I seen on a regular basis. No prizes for guessing who I voted for...:D

LOL at that! Does anyone know WHO the councillors are running for re-election? I didn't even see mine until last week!! Only one of the elected councillors have I seen on a regular basis. No prizes for guessing who I voted for...:D

Well, I knew who all the usual plonkers in the big parties were.

I'll put it this way, none of those got any of my votes. :D

It's a shame because there were a few independents on the sheet but I knew nothing about them (did all my research on Cork South-Central candidates) so could not vote for them. :(

Same here. Just knew nothing about them at all.

Still, it was give them a chance, or vote for the usual bunch and let them in again.

No thank you to that option.

yeah we were always south central also, but are now carrigaline - ballincollig, its an awful pain in the ass when you have south central candidates in your local shopping center because its their area too, yet you get the choice of voting for people in ballincollig where you never see them because they stay in ballincollig and you dont ever go there..... :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

hoodwinked wrote: »
    yeah we were always south central also, but are now carrigaline - ballincollig, its an awful pain in the ass when you have south central candidates in your local shopping center because its their area too, yet you get the choice of voting for people in ballincollig where you never see them because they stay in ballincollig and you dont ever go there..... :confused:

Are people confusing general election constituencies with local election ones?
    Can't see how an area can move from cork South Central (city) to carrigaline (county) since last local elections.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

I see Lorraine Kingston didn't get in. That'll save a bit of money on printer ink anyways.

A good idea is if people who go onto http://www.checktheregister.ie to see if they are eligible to vote -- they put in their home address to find out and if it says yes then it should also say exactly what constituency you are in for each type of election.

Ludo wrote: »
    Are people confusing general election constituencies with local election ones?
    Can't see how an area can move from cork South Central (city) to carrigaline (county) since last local elections.

Possibly. How do you know which is which?

So my general election constituency is Cork South Central but my local election constituency is Cork South West?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Dunno...my general election is Cork South Central but local is Ballincollig-Carrigaline. I knew that but don't know how. I guess from glancing at flyers while carrying them from the front door to the recycle bin or something. I guess anyone who wants to know will know.
    Anyone who doesn't know or can't find probably shouldn't be allowed to vote anyway :-)

Advertisement