Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Laptop doesn't recognize my iPhone 4s.

Options
  • 20-05-2014 8:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭

I just bought a 4s yesterday and connected it to my laptop but the laptop doesn't recognize it. It makes the sound that something is connected but my iPhone doesn't charge and isn't showing in iTunes. I know its not the usb cable as I'm charging my 4s at the moment from a power socket.

I googled it and found that I had to update my apple mobile device driver. I tried this but got an error message saying Access Denied. I couldn't find any solution for that and the phone is still not being recognized.

Can anyone help as I can't put music or anything onto my phone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭legrand

try the check list here http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1538

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

is it a genuine apple usb cable because any usb cable can be used for charging, but apple include additional circuitry in their cable to stop people buying third party cables for connecting to pc's etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Legrand, thats the checklist I tried and I got the error when I tried to update the driver in part 5.

@skatedude, Yeah it's a genuine apple cable. My brother has one as well and I tried that but no luck either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

my sister had same issue, she browsed the apple site to death and finally rang them, a re-installation sorted her laptop out:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1923

• Registered Users Posts: 82,184 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Normally when I connect my phone you have to unlock the phone, connect it, then tap the popup to trust the computer. It should then establish the data connection

• Advertisement
Advertisement