Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skin Game: New Dresden files book out this month.

• 19-05-2014 10:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭

Anyone else looking forward to this release?

The fan made trailers for the books are getting better and better as well.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Thanks for reminder. Should be interesting to see how
    post back from the grave Dresden handles both his old enemies and being the enforcer for the Winter Queen
    . Wondering though, has the author other projects besides Dresden (apart from the finished Furies series)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭jamezy

Manach wrote: »
    Thanks for reminder. Should be interesting to see how
    post back from the grave Dresden handles both his old enemies and being the enforcer for the Winter Queen
    . Wondering though, has the author other projects besides Dresden (apart from the finished Furies series)?

I wish he would do more Calderon books, i enjoyed the hell out of those.

From his website forum, his new steampunk series is due Q3/14.
    As for the latest - 1/2 through and top notch. Some very interesting developements and off course snarky comments:
    Non-spolier

"I can't tell you how many jobs I've done without a hitch since the last time I saw you, Dresden. You walk through the door and everything goes to hell."
    "That's embroidered on my towels, actually," I said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭Stenth

(As spoiler-free as possible)

One good thing about buying it as an ebook was that I could use the search function after the end. Sadly, the particular word I was looking for wasn't used nearly as often as I would have expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

On revelation had me crying laughing, had to stop reading.
    Then Harry tells it to Murphy and she had the same reaction, well played Jim Butcher well played.

• Advertisement

Stenth wrote: »
    (As spoiler-free as possible)
    Sadly, the particular word I was looking for wasn't used nearly as often as I would have expected.
    "PARKOUR!"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭Stenth

Manach wrote: »
    "PARKOUR!"?

Well, "PARKOUR!" was used often enough. And it was glorious!

I meant:
    "Wizard", in certain conversations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Literally just downloaded the kindle version of this and really looking forward to getting stuck in.
    As an aside I just couldn't get into the furies series at all, read the first two and found that I had no interest in continuing. Might give them another go though since I seem to be in distinct minority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I forgot about this! Recently got the other half hooked on the series. Her descent into the world of fantasy begins with detours through the horror/supernatural genre.

How many more books in the Dresden series?

Fifteen novels and one collection of short stories. See all the covers here

• Advertisement

Fifteen novels and one collection of short stories. See all the covers here

Is that directed at me?

I meant, how many are left to go?

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Is that directed at me?

I meant, how many are left to go?

Yep, there are fifteen novels and one short story collection in the series.

Lol I know how many books there are currently, having read them all bar the latest.
    I was just curious as to how many more books there will be in the series, on top of the current ones.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Lol I know how many books there are currently, having read them all bar the latest.
    I was just curious as to how many more books there will be in the series, on top of the current ones.

Ah okay, we were at cross purposes. :o

Anyhoo according to his website:
    23ish: 20ish “case books,” like those we’ve seen so far, plus a 3-book apocalyptic trilogy.
    LINK
    So we have another 8ish to look forward to

Advertisement