Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Film and Screen Media

Options
  • 19-05-2014 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have been very interested in the course Film and Screen Media in UCC. However, because it is a new course that only started last year there is very little information on it. For anyone who has studied this course any information would be greatly appreciated. I am interested in the practical side of film making. Also, is Cork a nice place to study in. I am caught between studying this course of studying arts in UCD as it is more general. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 niallmol

I like you have done a huge amount of research on this course, you said that you were interested in the particle side of film making as far as I can see the course is many studying films and theory not a lot of film making. I have emailed the course director and she said that the demand for the course has increased substantially so I'd say the points for it will sky rocket. Personally I'd say maybe you should look at film editing or something like that in an IT or other college.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

A lot of it is theory driven. I did an English degree with a big emphasis on film, before this course was available, and the course heads were extremely theory driven. If you're looking for a more practical degree then have a look at St. John's - there's the option to study the final year of degree in Sunderland (3 years max). I don't know if CIT has added a film course but their digital media course is exceptional. I do believe that UCC has an under grad visual media course now, though that would need to be checked.

Advertisement