Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA cutoff for the summer - Whats the Process?

Options
  • 19-05-2014 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭

Im on BTEA and I just finished exams last week. I got the form to declare I was continuing college next year and would need the BTEA. Also filled in the other form to avail of jobseekers during the summer. I handed these in to my local offoce and the chap there said they would call me in soon for a meeting before going on the jobseekers. Havent heard a thing since, and my last exam was over last week, so I doubt there will be any BTEA payment paid this week. Whats the process for going on jobseekers for the summer, do you need to go in for a meeting? I wasnt asked for any forms from the college about finish or start dates and Ive had no letters from the social welfare. Whats the usual process for all this? Ive heard different things, which makes me think it is different in some social welfare regions. Will there be any money this week in post office you reckon? Or BTEA payment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

They will ask you for a letter from the college stating what dates you finished. Once you hand that in they normally transfer you over straight away onto JSA for the summer months. Not sure why they want a meeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

They will ask you for a letter from the college stating what dates you finished. Once you hand that in they normally transfer you over straight away onto JSA for the summer months. Not sure why they want a meeting.

I ended going into them today, no form required from the university and payments are staying going through the bank at least until July, but he said maybe all the way through until september :) The meeting we are being called in for is to sign on in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭peterc1991

gline wrote: »
    I ended going into them today, no form required from the university and payments are staying going through the bank at least until July, but he said maybe all the way through until september :) The meeting we are being called in for is to sign on in July.
    I've a question . I handed the form to say that the college year was finished at the start of May but I am still gettin payments like yourself? Whats the reason for this? Will I go in and let them know or is everyone getting them like you said until July?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

peterc1991 wrote: »
    I've a question . I handed the form to say that the college year was finished at the start of May but I am still gettin payments like yourself? Whats the reason for this? Will I go in and let them know or is everyone getting them like you said until July?

Im not sure if it each office handles it diffrently. Did you hand the form in person? Popping in would be no harm as they will be able to tell you whats happening for definite

Advertisement