Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda Crash Repair Cork

Options
  • 19-05-2014 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

I was just wondering - I have a 2012 Skoda Superb that has some slight damage to front bumper & bumper grille - looks like it would be a bumper and bumper grill replacement - does anyone have a good recommendation for crash repair in Cork. Car wasn't actually crashed - basically the result of an argument with a pothole!

It a relatively new car so really so would like a pretty neat job.-

Also if anyone has ideas of ballpark cost that would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Try Kenny Brothers on the Tramore Road, we get all of our cars repaired there and they've always done a great job. Not sure on the rough cost but they should be able to give you one if you call in or phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Barry Williams in Midleton - can be expensive but his works top notch and he's always extremely busy.

Barts bodyshop in Fermoy.

Owen Hodder too.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭mikehn

Why repair, its likely that you will be able to get replacement bumper and grill from a dismantler for a lot less than repairing will cost and you should be able to get a colour match as well. I'd prefer that route as I would not have any "repaired" parts on the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

It's rare enough to find a bumper from another car in mint condition and in the exact colour you want. You'll probably find the colour you want in this case as it's a recent car but could well wind up having to paint it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭toyotaavensis

for bodywork i go to this lad
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/IG-Car-Solutions/181278551910553
    he is in middleton. Most of his work is restoring classics or custom paint jobs but he will do modern cars too. I found his prices are quite good to.

That said depending on where you are middleton could be too far for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

mikehn wrote: »
    Why repair, its likely that you will be able to get replacement bumper and grill from a dismantler for a lot less than repairing will cost and you should be able to get a colour match as well. I'd prefer that route as I would not have any "repaired" parts on the car.

For an older car this would be a good option, for a newer car not so much.

The panels you get from a dismantler, in my experience, will have some level of imperfections on them such as scratches etc. At least with a competant bodyshop you will have fresh paint to match the rest of the bodywork.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 WilliamC

Thanks guys - prob going to try Kenny Bros - I'll keep you posted let you know how it goes quality of the work price etc.

Advertisement