Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three nextivity booster

Options
  • 19-05-2014 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭

Need some advice and help regards this !!
    I live in sligo about 15 mins outside the town. My cell coverage is pretty poor at the best of times, however there is a hotspot outside the back of the house where i can get one or two bars of hspa+ coverage but its always dipping in and out of signal...I've tried fast com broadband in the past and gotten varied results with them and EIRCOM have refused to upgrade the lines on my side of the village (even though since putting in pavement the other side have BB)

I'm with the three network and i barely even touch my mins or texts every month but i pop my sim in a router in the evening and use it as my broadband...however as i said i get 1mb the odd time! Its grand for browsing. I can't ask for help on the Three site because technically i'm not supposed to be using my sim in this fashion.

So last week i bought a nextivity booster box which the guy had gotten through the three national broadband scheme....He gave me a rough idea how to set it up but i'm at my wits end with it...I have it setup at the back of the house where i get full 6 bars of incoming and outgoing signal...im also getting very very varied speed tests ranging from 5.5mbs to .5mbs. even when i get the 5.5mbs my broadband is still average..it doesn't seem to translate to fast internet speeds.

I also have the white box receiver pointing it the direction of a vodafone mast as thats the nearest one and i think three piggy back on their signal.
    Has anyone any experience with these boxes. Have i it in the wrong location. is it too close to my router? any help much appreciated!

2z53lnb.jpg

ve9m3k.jpg

Comments

Advertisement