Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Wifi Issue

Options
  • 19-05-2014 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,089 ✭✭✭✭

My ps4 wont accept my wifi. When i put the correct password in it says its wrong.

Im getting an error code called NW-31297-2 up on the screen. I tried restarting the ps4 in Safe mode and it still wont connect to my wifi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭RedXIV

PTH2009 wrote: »
    My ps4 wont accept my wifi. When i put the correct password in it says its wrong.

Im getting an error code called NW-31297-2 up on the screen. I tried restarting the ps4 in Safe mode and it still wont connect to my wifi

Are you definitely able to connect to the router with another device? Are you allocating IPs dynamically?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,089 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

RedXIV wrote: »
    Are you definitely able to connect to the router with another device? Are you allocating IPs dynamically?

yeah all of my other devices are working with my wifi

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

What encryption method is your router set to?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Are you doing a scan and can see your SSID (wireless name) or are you inputting it manually?

Uppercase and lowercase make a difference for both the wireless name and encryption key !

Advertisement