Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ground zero, new york

Options
  • 19-05-2014 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

i there, Ive just come home to ireland from new york, It was my first time visiting the place and my first time visiting ground zero. I had always wanted to visit the place.

When we were queueing up to enter it was all good until i rounded the first corner, immediately i felt unsettled and not safe, it felt like someone was watching me and i felt very unsettled. Im used to the feeling of being watched and spirit coming through, the closer we got to the memorial the harder it was, it was eerily quiet and almost deadening. I could sense a lot of spirits and people around me. it felt as though they were hundred of people in the area which were in spirit.

As we approached the first hole in the ground with the names on it, i was afraid to close my eyes for fear of what i might see, i felt and overwhelming feeling of grief, pain, anger, hurt and loss. I have no affinity with this place and had no real link to america other than an interest in seeing the country.

At he first memorial i could feel myself choking up with tears and felt like there was something in my throat that i couldn't explain. I found it difficult to speak and wanted to get out of the place as soon as possible but felt that i couldn't leave just yet. I sat for a moment and had to fight back not just tears but uncontrollable sobbing, i felt that if i started to cry i wouldn't stop, there was so much anguish and hurt inside me i was afraid to speak because if i said one word i would collapse. I am a reiki master and would have previously worked with spirit and channelled some messages, here in this place, it felt like 100s of people were running at me and trying to come through to me and i couldn't handle it.

I went to one of the volunteers to ask what healing work had been done on the site as it felt there was a lot of unfinished business there. this person had said that the whole idea of the site was to heal but this just didn't sit with me, and the people coming through were at this point screaming at me. Not in a threatening way but in utter desperation.

i asked the spirits to step back and please bring one or two people in to speak as it was overwhelming, when they did come forward they didn't give names but very clearly said the two holes that are in the place of the towers is not what they want. these are not celebrations of their life they were a place to comfort the living which is needed but there was nothing for the spirits still there. they had said how the freedom tower represented their feeling more but it is not honouring them. these two people spoke to me for about 15 minutes and explained all the experience they had. they spoke of someone being involved there that has not got the best interests of the city at heart and that something about this memorial is not sitting right. these people stayed with me until i left the area and even for a few minutes after, i felt choked up and extremely emotional the whole way through this and couldn't bring myself to speak to the person i had came their with. thankfully this person is used to me having these experiences and respected that in me.

there is ALOT of healing work to be done on that site. i would love to help but feel if i went back there i wouldn't be able to help because there would be an outpour of grief that i just couldn't control.
    I am wondering has anyone else felt this or had a similar experience, i thought i was unique in this and really worried about that until i googled it when i got back to the hotel.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭endacl

You had an emotional response to visiting a site where you, and the rest of us, watched thousands of people die live on TV.

I'd say you had an appropriate human reaction. Nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 purified

That would be a perfect response if i had asked for an explanation to my experience, which i didnt. Please keep your opinion to yourself

What I have asked is whether someone else had this experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

purified wrote: »
    That would be a perfect response if i had asked for an explanation to my experience, which i didnt. Please keep your opinion to yourself

What I have asked is whether someone else had this experience.

And that was an example of an inappropriate emotional response. Thanks for posting your experience but please allow people to comment.

I would be interested to know if anyone had an experience there also.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Also guys,

Please respect the OP's experience and beliefs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭NormalBob Ubiquitypants

I visited Ground Zero a couple of years ago while the museum was still being built. I think there is an element of trying to get an emotional reaction from people. The small museum just outside the main complex had a lot of stuff that I felt they were trying to make a story out of- "here is a wallet from a man who.......".
    Can't say I had your experience, to be honest I am far too cynical and don't believe in the paranormal. I can see how someone could get caught up in the emotion of the situation and I did see it happen to other people.

• Advertisement

I did see that as well, there's loads of the kind of things that try to pull at people, like the.....here,s a paper clip from... or the pictures of it. The museum is due to open i think in the coming weeks.

And completely agree about the people getting caught up in the emotion of it all. i can also appreciate how easy it is to get caught up in it, all i can say for my experience is i have been in places of much worse turmoil and not had any reaction, because they have felt like all has moved on and they dont have negative energy.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

thanks for sharing, i do think your experience was real. i felt very uneasy there too but wasnt actually in that place, just around it. i felt similar even though im not someone who can receive that way. so many poor souls :(

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I've not been there but have had similar 'overwhelming' experiences in other areas associated with death or loss. People report similar feelings in battle zones, pow camps etc.

Be aware that ground zero is a place where huge emotion was felt, and where people still go to grieve. The echo of that will have played a huge part in your experience.

And while you may have had information relayed to you, and it may seem important, there is nothing you can do with it. Feeling that you must do something with it can drive you crazy.

I would maybe try to find a spiritual group or another reiki master in NY and approach them with what was experienced. Maybe they can organize something in order to go there together and help souls healing etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭vixdname

i there, Ive just come home to ireland from new york, It was my first time visiting the place and my first time visiting ground zero. I had always wanted to visit the place.

When we were queueing up to enter it was all good until i rounded the first corner, immediately i felt unsettled and not safe, it felt like someone was watching me and i felt very unsettled. Im used to the feeling of being watched and spirit coming through, the closer we got to the memorial the harder it was, it was eerily quiet and almost deadening. I could sense a lot of spirits and people around me. it felt as though they were hundred of people in the area which were in spirit.

As we approached the first hole in the ground with the names on it, i was afraid to close my eyes for fear of what i might see, i felt and overwhelming feeling of grief, pain, anger, hurt and loss. I have no affinity with this place and had no real link to america other than an interest in seeing the country.

At he first memorial i could feel myself choking up with tears and felt like there was something in my throat that i couldn't explain. I found it difficult to speak and wanted to get out of the place as soon as possible but felt that i couldn't leave just yet. I sat for a moment and had to fight back not just tears but uncontrollable sobbing, i felt that if i started to cry i wouldn't stop, there was so much anguish and hurt inside me i was afraid to speak because if i said one word i would collapse. I am a reiki master and would have previously worked with spirit and channelled some messages, here in this place, it felt like 100s of people were running at me and trying to come through to me and i couldn't handle it.

I went to one of the volunteers to ask what healing work had been done on the site as it felt there was a lot of unfinished business there. this person had said that the whole idea of the site was to heal but this just didn't sit with me, and the people coming through were at this point screaming at me. Not in a threatening way but in utter desperation.

i asked the spirits to step back and please bring one or two people in to speak as it was overwhelming, when they did come forward they didn't give names but very clearly said the two holes that are in the place of the towers is not what they want. these are not celebrations of their life they were a place to comfort the living which is needed but there was nothing for the spirits still there. they had said how the freedom tower represented their feeling more but it is not honouring them. these two people spoke to me for about 15 minutes and explained all the experience they had. they spoke of someone being involved there that has not got the best interests of the city at heart and that something about this memorial is not sitting right. these people stayed with me until i left the area and even for a few minutes after, i felt choked up and extremely emotional the whole way through this and couldn't bring myself to speak to the person i had came their with. thankfully this person is used to me having these experiences and respected that in me.

there is ALOT of healing work to be done on that site. i would love to help but feel if i went back there i wouldn't be able to help because there would be an outpour of grief that i just couldn't control.
    I am wondering has anyone else felt this or had a similar experience, i thought i was unique in this and really worried about that until i googled it when i got back to the hotel.

"Hears the sound of a Cuckoo clock chiming"

As interested as i am in the Paranormal \ Paranatural, I find it hard to read the above post without slight annoyance.

There has never once been a clairvoyant that hasnt been debunked or can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that they can indeed speak to or be spoken to by the deceased.

Having visited Ground zero a number of times I will admit that seeing the place 1st hand, where such a widely viewed atrocity to fellow humans took place can and does have a negative effect on you.
    Its like when you visit Auschwitz concentration camp, the actual fact of knowing the misery and suffering that went on there gives you a feeling of unease and invokes a very real emotional response, just as in ground zero.

If the OP really wants to help those who perished in the 9/11 atrocity, respect them by not posting nonsense on an internet forum claiming you were speaking to them, when you know you werent and are simply looking for some gullibles to fall for your story.

Just as the OP is to be respected for their opinion on this, I expect mine to be respected also so forgive me if I say I believe its a load of garbage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

vixdname wrote: »
    "Hears the sound of a Cuckoo clock chiming"

As interested as i am in the Paranormal \ Paranatural, I find it hard to read the above post without slight annoyance.

There has never once been a clairvoyant that hasnt been debunked or can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that they can indeed speak to or be spoken to by the deceased.

Having visited Ground zero a number of times I will admit that seeing the place 1st hand, where such a widely viewed atrocity to fellow humans took place can and does have a negative effect on you.
    Its like when you visit Auschwitz concentration camp, the actual fact of knowing the misery and suffering that went on there gives you a feeling of unease and invokes a very real emotional response, just as in ground zero.

If the OP really wants to help those who perished in the 9/11 atrocity, respect them by not posting nonsense on an internet forum claiming you were speaking to them, when you know you werent and are simply looking for some gullibles to fall for your story.

Just as the OP is to be respected for their opinion on this, I expect mine to be respected also so forgive me if I say I believe its a load of garbage.
    You are posting in a forum where such beliefs are to be respected. Calling them garbage is not respect. There is always the skeptics forum if you want to express more contrary views.

I find it really discouraging that every time someone posts anything on this forum they seem to be subjected to ridicule and instant dismissal, the paranormal and spiritual forum are two fantastic ways for people of like minds and experiences to share and get help and info, it's such a pity that the moderators have to work so hard to ensure everyone here can express themselves, reading posts like the one here also annoys me because people seem to be of the impression that most people who experience spirits or paranormal experiences just take them as that initially and the idea that someone would post somethig here without exploring most rational explanations is again taken for granted. 'Skeptics' seem so quick to dismiss peoples experiences, even when not invited to do so. This has stopped me and I'm sure others from posting here and that in itself is a real pity as spiritual people are learning just like everyone else in this life and nobody likes being told that your experience is a figment of your imagination, or that you have no right posting something on the internet, no matter what your motive this world could benefit from more people who are open to others views and opinions.

I'm sorry if this is off topic, I came here with this question simply because I knew I may get guidance and help here, it has always been a useful and interesting place, I just wish people would lighten up on the keyboard warrior wars

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I find it really discouraging that every time someone posts anything on this forum they seem to be subjected to ridicule and instant dismissal, the paranormal and spiritual forum are two fantastic ways for people of like minds and experiences to share and get help and info, it's such a pity that the moderators have to work so hard to ensure everyone here can express themselves, reading posts like the one here also annoys me because people seem to be of the impression that most people who experience spirits or paranormal experiences just take them as that initially and the idea that someone would post somethig here without exploring most rational explanations is again taken for granted. 'Skeptics' seem so quick to dismiss peoples experiences, even when not invited to do so. This has stopped me and I'm sure others from posting here and that in itself is a real pity as spiritual people are learning just like everyone else in this life and nobody likes being told that your experience is a figment of your imagination, or that you have no right posting something on the internet, no matter what your motive this world could benefit from more people who are open to others views and opinions.

I'm sorry if this is off topic, I came here with this question simply because I knew I may get guidance and help here, it has always been a useful and interesting place, I just wish people would lighten up on the keyboard warrior wars

Please dont let the person above or those other people stop you from posting in this forum, I and other love reading about your experiences .

purified: there will be always those kind of people, but there is many who believe you and still might don't post.
    I believe you and post, simply overlook their answer if it is not even respectful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Johnny Be Goode

Yes Purified;You cant take some ones ramblings to heart , you are entitled to respect anytime you post here. All
    the best JBG

Advertisement