Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photo Frames in Limerick

Options
  • 19-05-2014 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Im looking to get some artwork framed in the Limerick area.
    The items to be framed are irregular sizes not too easy to buy off the shelf.
    I have spent the last month looking in the usual shops for the right size frames, but have had no luck:(

So my next thought was getting frames made.

Can anyone recommend a place, in the Limerick area?
    I am concern about quality of workmanship and of course prices?

Any reviews or experiences would be much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

There is a guy on Thomas Street who does framing, got some art work frame their around 6 months ago, on the corner of Thomas Street and little Catherine Street, VERY happy with the job he did but his name escapes me ATM.

Will post it later when i get home and check the back of the frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Picture Framing - Whitethorns, Castletroy, Limerick (opposite Superquin/valu)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 shady.graphics

Thanks for the quick feedback guys:)

I will give them both a call tomorrow for a quote:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭Hooked

davo2001 wrote: »
    There is a guy on Thomas Street who does framing, got some art work frame their around 6 months ago, on the corner of Thomas Street and little Catherine Street, VERY happy with the job he did but his name escapes me ATM.

Will post it later when i get home and check the back of the frame.

Probably Ray Cummins was it? His brother Kevin Cummins is also a framer. He's up post office lane (the side of the GPO up towards the glen tavern).

I've also heard good things about that lad in castletroy.

Either way - getting frames made are far pricier than buying off the shelf. Happy hunting!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Here's the link:

http://www.thomasstreetframingcentre.com/

Nice guy, very good range and a good price.

• Advertisement
Advertisement