Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Woken abruptly by 2 knocks on window

• 19-05-2014 7:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Now I know I might sound daft but I don't like this sort of thing and I know I heard it. I was woken abruptly at about quater to 7 by 2 knocks on the window, I dreamt that someone knocked to wake me up that I had slept in?! I hadn't ?
    I hate this sort of thing and I am really freaked out and worried now , paranoid even . The knocks were so loud and real . No one was at the window .

Iv done research since and apparently it's 3 knocks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭burtslimpslon

Now I know I might sound daft but I don't like this sort of thing and I know I heard it. I was woken abruptly at about quater to 7 by 2 knocks on the window, I dreamt that someone knocked to wake me up that I had slept in?! I hadn't ?
    I hate this sort of thing and I am really freaked out and worried now , paranoid even . The knocks were so loud and real . No one was at the window .

Iv done research since and apparently it's 3 knocks

it could be sleep paralysis or however you spell it, its the scariest thing ever

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭December2013

it could be sleep paralysis or however you spell it, its the scariest thing ever

What happens with that ?

I'm so freaked out that something bad is going to happen eg death in my family

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Please try not to worry about your family, I hate to think of people getting upset about this kind of thing.

People sometimes underestimate the human mind and how hyper-realistic dreams can be. Maybe you dreamed the noises. Maybe there was actually a noise but your mind decided the best way to make sense of it in your mind was for it to be a knock, rather than a bird or something else.

Maybe you made the noise yourself while waking, by hitting a hand off the wall or bedside table.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭burtslimpslon

What happens with that ?

I'm so freaked out that something bad is going to happen eg death in my family

its like a state where your semi awake your mind is but body isnt because of this state you can have hallusonations which seem 100% real

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

I don't think there was anything paranormal about this. it was most probably a grey crow landed on your windowsill and started fighting with its own reflection in the glass. I've seen them cracking glass before.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭ryan101

Usually a bird, especially around that time of the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

It's most likely you had a really vivid dream.

I think the myth you're referring to was that you would hear 3 knocks after somebody had died but before there spirit was supposedly taken.

I'll keep further opinions on this to myself, however.

Advertisement