Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sending photos in text message lumia 520

Options
  • 19-05-2014 5:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭

I cannot send photos in text .This says mobile network has to be enabled. Is this right? Then how can i send ordinary texts without mobile network enabled? Can i not use 'ordinary' payg credit like on my non smart phone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭long_b

GoodLord wrote: »
    I cannot send photos in text .This says mobile network has to be enabled. Is this right? Then how can i send ordinary texts without mobile network enabled? Can i not use 'ordinary' payg credit like on my non smart phone?

Picture messages (MMS) use both mobile Internet data and PAYG credit.
    Was about 40 cent last time I looked.
    These usually aren't included in a "unlimited free text message" feature.

Think that's why most people use chat apps or email to send images (this just uses your Internet data, there's no specific charge from the operator like for MMS)

Normal SMS do not use mobile internet data.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭GoodLord

long_b wrote: »
    Picture messages (MMS) use both mobile Internet data and PAYG credit.
    Was about 40 cent last time I looked.
    These usually aren't included in a "unlimited free text message" feature.

Think that's why most people use chat apps or email to send images (this just uses your Internet data, there's no specific charge from the operator like for MMS)

Normal SMS do not use mobile internet data.
    ok how could i sent pics in sms in my non smart phone? will chat app send to someone with a non smart camera phone? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭long_b

GoodLord wrote: »
    ok how could i sent pics in sms in my non smart phone? Thanks

Just because it's not a fancy ass smartphone doesn't mean it can't use internet data. That's been around since the 90s
    will chat app send to someone with a non smart camera phone?
    If they can install the chat app => they can use internet on their phone =>
    they'll get the pictures.

They'll be charged for the internet data that it uses though, naturally.

For example, WhatsApp can install on many different platforms (including the old Nokia S40 platform handsests - the old "candy bar" shaped ones).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭GoodLord

long_b wrote: »
    Just because it's not a fancy ass smartphone doesn't mean it can't use internet data. That's been around since the 90s

If they can install the chat app => they can use internet on their phone =>
    they'll get the pictures.

They'll be charged for the internet data that it uses though, naturally.

For example, WhatsApp can install on many different platforms (including the old Nokia S40 platform handsests - the old "candy bar" shaped ones).
    good old days

Advertisement