Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Streaming Advice

Options
  • 19-05-2014 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for some suggestions on the best way to go about getting what I want.

I have a couple of 1TB and 1.5TB external harddrives that have reached full capacity. I would like to be able to combine all of these on to a NAS that I can access across a couple of laptops and ipads.

I would like to be able to stream movies from the NAS to chromecast on one TV while also streaming a second movie from the NAS to a laptop in another room.

I assume all this is possible, and all i'm missing is a NAS (suggestions welcome, I guess i'll require about 4TB?) and then something such as plex?

Please let me know any suggestions you have or if i'm missing anything. Thanks.

EDIT: Just to add, i'm not to familiar with NAS but I'd assume they can be got with around 4TB internal storage and also a couple of USB ports for external harddrives to be attached?

Comments

Advertisement