Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards League End of Season Awards

Options
  • 18-05-2014 11:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭

Can wait and vote at the end if ye like but thought I'd throw it up now. Since it's hard to get people voting I'll keep it very simple:

Best manager across all 4 divisions

Best poster on boards

Best signing of the season

Worst signing of the season

If ye want more added just say but I don't think there's much else worth voting on

Send votes to me via PM or post here :) I'll forward the PM posts to Mac so everyone knows there's no funny business

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Abstain until next tuesday

Best poster on boards

eireannBear, R.I.P.

Hulk, Juventus

No clue, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Best manager across all 4 divisions :
    Portsmouth Mgr - no explanation required I think

Best poster on boards :
    Wilberto - regular, sometime with some humor, contributor and for keeping the peace in the managerial waiting list.

Best signing of the season :
    AGÜERO, Sergio to Bayern München for 5.0M and J.MARTÍNEZ & M.MANDŽUKIĆ
    The fact he isnt being played in his favorite position doesnt make it a bad signing...

Worst signing of the season :
    Going to call one of my own here ... Signing Jovetic for a second stint when he didnt perform no matter where I put him in my from 4 the first time as madness ... at least I was able to trade him in a deal including Morata.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Can we have a best beard? I think that's the only thing I'll win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Chelsea and AC did really well, Chelsea in particular but with Kievs squad they've done fantastic so it's Tonic for me whatever happens

Best poster on boards

I'll go with GT, knowledgeable about the game and football in general and can have a laugh

Hulk. Same as Seanah. Serious amount of goals and in Div 1 against some top defences

Aguero really cost me and playing him in midfield may have cost me a chance at winning the league. Since I don't really know any others I'll go with that

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Noooo. You just have to do a manager of the season for each division too. That's one that I think I could, at the very least, get a few nominations for!

• Advertisement

Wilberto wrote: »
    Noooo. You just have to do a manager of the season for each division too. That's one that I think I could, at the very least, get a few nominations for!

GT had about 4 votes from each Div last season, F that. I didn't vote for Tonic cause he's in my Div it's because I think he did best. It was between him and Iago of Anizi(sp? :/ )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Can we have a best beard? I think that's the only thing I'll win.

You wish!!!!

You wish!!!!

How long is yours?

How long is yours?

Managabe at the moment but I can go insane on it within a few weeks :-)

How long is yours?

I just realized what an opportunity I've missed......... Dang

• Advertisement

Best beard under 18? That can be a catagory, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Chelsea Manager - Took them over in Div2 and got them promoted and is now 2nd in Div1

Best poster on boards

Teamshadowclan - Seems to know his ****!

Balotelli - I got him for Fred and Adriano and he's been on fire for me. He's gotten 7 goals and 4 assists in 13 apps and has an AVP of 8.08. Or Rodriguez to Cruzeiro since it was such a crappy deal for Wolfsburg..

Aguero - It cost Bayern a lot and he just hasn't performed.

He'll be up front for all of next season, just needed time to settle in!!! Little fecker!!

I agree with this.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Best manager:

It depends who wins divison 1 if chelsea do it then he should be manager of season no doubt coming from div 2 last year. if I win it with madrid I feel I deserve it with it being back to back titles, surely no one can begrudge a man of that?:p
    Anzhi and aj auxerre also deserve a mention.

Best poster on boards:

KERSPLAT is always around for the banter

Best transfer:

Hulk juventus

Worst transfer:

No transfer is bad really if a manager is happy let him do as he pleases I say:)

I agree with this.....

Away with ya so. It didn't work last time, I'm not wasting my time trying to do it this time. Anyone is welcome to take over and do it whatever way they want ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I agree with this.....

It was horrificly difficult to get people to vote last year ... we had people winning manager of the year in their division whe only 2 people voted for them

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Best manager across all 4 divisions - Probably the Chelsea manager. If I don't revisit this by the time the count comes around then I'll go with that!

Best poster on boards - GT_TDI_150, although there are a couple more candidates.

Best signing of the season - Yeah, I might as well go for Hulk also. I remember looking at the scoring charts in D1 recently for the first time and was amazed with how many goals he's bagged this season.

Worst signing of the season - Next!

Best manager in Division 3 - Come on. 87 rated team. One of the lowest in the division and he has them sitting in fourth place, 5 points clear of the play-off chasers. A simply magnificent achievement already regardless the final outcome of the season! Plus he had to overcome some serious adversity after his star striker had a positional change meaning he had to find an immediate replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    He'll be up front for all of next season, just needed time to settle in!!! Little fecker!!

Id be willing to take him back ;)

Best manager across all 4 divisions Athletic Club, presuming he goes on to secure promotion with a squad that essentially had 3 90+ players he's done very well IMO, he's worked with what he's got the best for me. Though Anzhi signing Pirlo was a masterstroke and deserves a mention...

Best poster on boards Hercule, his tales of press confrences etc lighten the mood somewhere of which is in dire need of it, witty gentleman and highly entertaining..., I commend you sir

Best signing of the season Some will read more than there is into this but eventually it will make sense.... Marchetti for Oblak & Tielemans, those 2 will go on to be some of THE best in their respective positions

Will come back to this......

• Advertisement

gerp99 wrote: »
    Id be willing to take him back ;)

No bother... Make an offer that'd make it worth my while ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Best poster on boards

Teamshadowclan - Seems to know his ****!

funny-church-signs-300x261.jpg

Cheque is in the mail.

Best manager across all 4 divisions - Probably the Chelsea manager. If I don't revisit this by the time the count comes around then I'll go with that!

Best poster on boards - GT_TDI_150, although there are a couple more candidates.

Best signing of the season - Yeah, I might as well go for Hulk also. I remember looking at the scoring charts in D1 recently for the first time and was amazed with how many goals he's bagged this season.

Best manager in Division 3 - Come on. 87 rated team. One of the lowest in the division and he has them sitting in fourth place, 5 points clear of the play-off chasers. A simply magnificent achievement already regardless the final outcome of the season! Plus he had to overcome some serious adversity after his star striker had a positional change meaning he had to find an immediate replacement.

I'll just update my own entry.

Worst Unluckiest signing of the season - I don't want to call this a bad transfer, as it was just really unlucky, but the swap deal between Portsmouth and Inter has just gone breasts up for Portsmouth with the announcement of Javier Zanetti's retirement from the game. Zanetti (91/40 year old) went to Portsmouth in exchange for Loic Perrin (89/28 year old). The transfer was at the end of March to so Portsmouth are barely going to get a half a season out of him. Unlucky!!

Suddenly though, it makes my Ryan Giggs for 5.7m deal at the start of the season look much better!!

How I stumbled across this is don't know!!!

How times have changed eh!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Some funny stuff in there!!

So who is first up to bring it back....

Advertisement