Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying house in castletown woods

Options
  • 18-05-2014 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

My wife and I have found a potentially amazing house just inside castletown woods. You access it from the end of the avenue in castletown estate. Its an old house which needs refurbishment but it could be amazing, has huge secluded gardens and is cheap for the size of the place.

I have lived in St. Raphaels Manor for a couple of years which is nice enough. Not much spent much time in castletown estate.

At first I thought the woods seemed great as an amenity for walks etc. but have been hearing some bad things about what goes on at night. Then I read some story about a cop car being burned out in the estate, the place started seeming a bit scary. I have a very young family so feeling secure is very important.

I've been looking on boards but the posts seem a few years old.

Can anyone who lives near the woods shed some light on how bad it actually is? Is it incessant noise or just once in a while? Are the drinkers dangerous or just having a few beers? Is there actually more crime near the wooded areas?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,101 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

If it's about Kildare, ask in the Kildare forum:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=936

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

There may be possibly lots of estates around the country called Castletown woods, what county are you talking about ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 brianrosskelly

Thanks, just singed up last night. Moved the post to the kildare forum

Advertisement