Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

galaxy tab 4 release date?

Options
  • 18-05-2014 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any ideas when it will be released here? Seems to be only available in the US at the minute.

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

I was also in the same predicament as yourself waiting for the tab 4 but it was only when I saw on another post that it is actually a step backwards from the tab 3, so I did a comparison on gsmarena.com and as you can see for yourself http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=5456&idPhone2=6249 the only improvment the tab 4 has is the processor. Otherwise it has an inferior camera and loses extras like the ir port so I went for the tab 3 8 inch on Tesco direct and got it for €155.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

I was also in the same predicament as yourself waiting for the tab 4 but it was only when I saw on another post that it is actually a step backwards from the tab 3, so I did a comparison on gsmarena.com and as you can see for yourself http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=5456&idPhone2=6249 the only improvment the tab 4 has is the processor. Otherwise it has an inferior camera and loses extras like the ir port so I went for the tab 3 8 inch on Tesco direct and got it for €155.

I can see its not a great spec compared to the tab 3. The quad core processor is what is driving me towards it and the GPU will be better too. Pitty the camera and ir port are gone and the screen is the same resolution. Depending on the price point I may just get the tab 3 8 like yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

mondeo wrote: »
    I can see its not a great spec compared to the tab 3. The quad core processor is what is driving me towards it and the GPU will be better too. Pitty the camera and ir port are gone and the screen is the same resolution. Depending on the price point I may just get the tab 3 8 like yourself.

I have the Tab 3 8.0, and I find it grand in terms of speed for pretty much everything. It handles Modern Combat 4 pretty well, for example. And I haven't even put a custom ROM on it in place of Touchwiz, although that's mostly down to time-poverty/laziness.

Depending on the launch price for the Tab 4 8.0 (assuming that's the Tab 4 you're after), maybe have a look at the LG GPad 8.4". Another poster was on here singing its praises a while back, and they're going for £190 on amazon at the moment. Better screen res as well as 0.4" bigger, more RAM, better camera, beefier processor. If the Tab 4 is as overpriced on launch as the Tab 3 was (halved in price on amazon since launch last June), you might get it for the same or less.

Advertisement