Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building a new wardrobe for 18 YO Male

Options
  • 18-05-2014 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

Hi, since im leaving school next month i want to rebuild my wardrobe.

I'm not interested in just tracksuits and runners. I want a classy wardrobe.

Could people suggest what types of clothes and brands would be nice.

Would sketchers be suitable shoes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Hi, since im leaving school next month i want to rebuild my wardrobe.

I'm not interested in just tracksuits and runners. I want a classy wardrobe.

Could people suggest what types of clothes and brands would be nice.

Would sketchers be suitable shoes

Why the sudden image change. Always though sketcher were runners. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Why the sudden image change. Always though sketcher were runners. :confused:

I just want to start dressing well :)
    Haha i should of stated i dont partically want all my shoes to be Adidas and nike :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Stylish runners with jeans or chinos are very on trend at the moment, and will look far better than Skechers. You're only young! If you want something classier for nights out then chukka boots or brogues are good.

Adidas Gazelle or Samba, Puma Suede, New Balance 410 are all nice fashionable sneakers.

Bottoms wise I'd agree with ditching the track suits. Some nice block colour tees and Oxford shirts look slick and clean. Jeans should be straight cut or slim in my own opinion, and good solid colours. A Harrington jacket or army shirt jacket are nice cover ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,280 ✭✭✭✭fits

Avoid logos ! that is all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

New Balance or Nike for shoes. Plain slim leg jeans. Nothing baggy or ridiculous. Pennys have nice plain T-Shirts. I know its Pennys, but there colours are spot on. Chinos are a bit 2 years ago. But colour trousers are in(Zara). H&M Sweaters are good if they are the high wool ones, as the cotton ones dont last.

Best advance is dont buy logos. Most logo clothes companies have taken a hammering as no one buys their clothes any more. Some of it is due to the recession, but most people strongly dislike logo clothes. Abercrombie and Hollister is a bit 2005 for most people. Zara have nice clothes, the quality isnt amazing, but its better than most logo companies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

If your looking for on trend t-shirts H & M are great. Relativity cheap but good quality I find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Zara do lovely clothes for men. I always love a man in jeans and a striped t shirt, but that's just me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

fits wrote: »
    Avoid logos ! that is all
    hfallada wrote: »
    New Balance or Nike for shoes. Plain slim leg jeans. Nothing baggy or ridiculous. Pennys have nice plain T-Shirts. I know its Pennys, but there colours are spot on. Chinos are a bit 2 years ago. But colour trousers are in(Zara). H&M Sweaters are good if they are the high wool ones, as the cotton ones dont last.

Best advance is dont buy logos. Most logo clothes companies have taken a hammering as no one buys their clothes any more. Some of it is due to the recession, but most people strongly dislike logo clothes. Abercrombie and Hollister is a bit 2005 for most people. Zara have nice clothes, the quality isnt amazing, but its better than most logo companies

Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly do ye mean by logos in this context?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

dorgasm wrote: »
    Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly do ye mean by logos in this context?

Clothes with the name or trademark symbol of the company splashed across them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭richy

Penneys is where it's at. Coloured chinos/pants and coloured plain t shirts along with their vans like shoes. Some nice hoodies too. Put together looks really good and only 15ish for a hoodie or chino and 3 quid for to tshirt. The t shirts may not fit you tho as I have quite big arms and I imagine if you has small arms they'd be baggy. Could get your mother to alter the sleeves to being them in closer. Spend a 100+ Then on a nice jacket and sorted

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

CHINOS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

dee_mc wrote: »
    Clothes with the name or trademark symbol of the company splashed across them :)

Cheers, really was as simple as it sounded :)

Advertisement