Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

adoption research room help please

Options
  • 18-05-2014 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi there i am planning to trace down original birth cert can someone please tell me where gro research room is in dublin? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 rcdada

GRO Werburgh St. when your at Christchurch Cathedral opposite is the Jury's Inn Hotel cross over, just around the corner is Werburgh St. you'll see the "Lord Edward Pub" at the corner go down the street, you'll see a small café on the right and a church on the left its just past the church. Google "gro werburgh st" and you'll get some images.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 leesabunny

Thanks a mill for the reply !! Off we go next week fingers crossed we get the birth cert

• Registered Users Posts: 43 rcdada

Best of luck !!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 schoolmouse

Hi Leesabunny, when you go to the GRO you will need to look for the adoption register which is held inside the counter, just ask the clerk on duty and they will give it to you, then look up your name and write down the Vol No eg 12 the page no eg 25 and the entry No eg 489 that appear after your name. With this information you will then be able to apply to the records office in Roscommon for your original birth cert.

Hi schoolmouse is it not the live register i look for to trace his birth name?? Sorry for the confusion im new to this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

To clarify - is it your original birth cert you want? Not your adoption cert? I assume you have your birth mothers first name and the name she would have given you. With that info and your date of birth you will get your birth cert. It would be best to print out the tracing guide and bring it with you. That will help you figure out how to narrow down entries in the register. As far as I can gather, if you are successful in finding your cert you can get a copy of it there and then, or if there are a few entries with very similar details you could get a copy of a few certs and try to narrow it down yourself to the one which is likely to be yours. However the adoption certs are available in Roscommon. Dh received enough info yesterday to do this and I am now itching to get to Dublin!

Hi ghekko
    Thank you for reply. Yes it is original birth cert we are hoping to get. We have his date of birth. Mothers first name and possibly his first name given at birth. We are hoping to go next monday. Are u going there soon best of luck to u

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

Don't know when I will get up. Heading up this weekend but doubtful I would get up early on Friday so hopefully will plan a day soon. I think Dh thinks I am mad!! I got so emotional yesterday when he got his non identifying info. He is very calm altogether and wasn't phased by it. 😀 He was surprised to find out he wasn't born where he thought he was though.

Hi ghekko my hubby was the same he was surprised to find out where he was born and also his possible birth first name he isnt impressed !!! Lol. Best of luck il keep u posted thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 45 schoolmouse

Hi Leesabunny, if you have his DOB and his name at birth you can get the original cert from your local registrar in Limerick.

• Advertisement
Advertisement