Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycle Touring:Is it big in Ireland?

Options
  • 17-05-2014 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭

You see, I'm Irish but not really a cyclist - I had no experience prior to October of last year when I began the trip I am on right now. So I have no idea whether cycle touring is in any way popular in Ireland?

I'm just wondering why I never hear anyone talk about it back there - or do ye tal;k about it on here? Ireland would be such an awesome place to do it with wild camping etc easy (none of the dangerous animals I'm having to think about anyway)

I'm now halfway to Cairo, cycling solo (started in Cape Town) and in no small way, it has transformed my life from an eeking existance to.....well, the website explains better No Hanging Around heres a link if you don;t believe the bit about animals etc (oh the smugness!!)

Anyway Id love to hear what you think of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 theotherone

Fair play to you man that looks like a great trip. I hope you enjoy it and stay safe.

The stories by Dervla Murphy might interest you

Check out her wiki page Dervla_Murphy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Cullen82 wrote: »
    I'm now halfway to Cairo, cycling solo (started in Cape Town) and in no small way, it has transformed my life from an eeking existance to.....well, the website explains better No Hanging Around heres a link if you don;t believe the bit about animals etc (oh the smugness!!)

Anyway Id love to hear what you think of it?
    Absolutely brilliant idea for an adventure cycle tour.

Congratulations on taking the Challenge. We can only dream of how tough some of it might be.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Cullen82

Seweryn wrote: »
    Absolutely brilliant idea for an adventure cycle tour.

Congratulations on taking the Challenge. We can only dream of how tough some of it might be.

Ah anyone can do it, by far the hardest part is being alone for so long :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Brilliant blog , and your honest way with words is refreshing keep her lit !

Advertisement