Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can you backup a Huawei y300?

Options
  • 17-05-2014 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,
    Have a Huawei y300, and want to backup all my contacts, messages, etc, to a local backup on my computer. My plan is so that I can try to upgrade the firmware.

The reason for this is to see if it fixes a problem has been driving me up the wall. What happens is that after maybe 20 or 30 seconds talking to someone on the phone, they can no longer hear me. This happens to anyone I ring. If I ring them back, they will not hear me at all. Sometimes when I ring people, they can't hear me from the start of the call. I have to restart the phone to fix this. This is very annoying, esp if someone rings me, and they cannot hear what I say.

Another problem is that the phone restarts randomly. No pattern to the reboots. I only find out it has rebooted when I go to use it, and find that it needs the codes to unlock the phone and then the sim. And then I find out I have several missed calls, messages, etc.

I upgraded from the iPhone 3GS, and although this is faster, has a camera light, has a better camera, more storage, optional extra storage (SD card), etc, the cons are starting to annoy me to the point that I'm considering going back to the 3GS (I have jailbroken it).

The phone was won in a competition, so can't send it back anywhere to get it fixed, and even if I could, I'd still be back to my main problem; can't back my contacts, etc, to my PC before I do anything with it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Can you not back-up to your sd card? What rom are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Using the default one. Would prefer to back it up to my PC, to throw it into Outlook so I can see the numbers. Otherwise it's just blind fate that the numbers have been backed up, I find; found blind fate ain't always good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

This worked, but I'm unsure if it backup up my phone contacts, as I saw no such message.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

the_syco wrote: »
    This worked, but I'm unsure if it backup up my phone contacts, as I saw no such message.

The contacts on your phone should be directly linked to your registered Gmail account. So any contact listed on the phone should be visible from within the "Contacts" section of your gmail account when you view them from your PC.

Generally though you shouldn't need to export the contacts onto your PC. Once you see that all of your phone contacts are visible from within your Gmail account, then the phone should automatically upload them once you upgrade the phone's software and register your Gmail account.

If you still want to export the contacts from your account first sign into your Gmail account via your PC. In the top left hand corner you should see the word "Gmail" and a drop down menu. From within that menu select "contacts." Next, select "more" and choose "export". You then get a few different options of how to export the list of contacts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement