Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motivation to Study?

Options
  • 17-05-2014 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

It's almost two weeks to go and I have very little motivation to study? Whenever I try to study I don't feel like I am taking in any of the information. This is really frustrating as I did very well in the mocks (9 As and 1B) and I really don't want to get less than that in the actual thing. Any tips on how to find motivation to study or how to concentrate more?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

Get rid of all of your distractions, sit down in a room and just try to do the work.

If nothing is going in; perhaps you're tired and need to sleep?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭yvngceebs

It's almost two weeks to go and I have very little motivation to study? Whenever I try to study I don't feel like I am taking in any of the information. This is really frustrating as I did very well in the mocks (9 As and 1B) and I really don't want to get less than that in the actual thing. Any tips on how to find motivation to study or how to concentrate more?

Install or buy a cheap ticking timer. Set it for 25 minutes. Make sure the sound of the ticking is loud. Study hard for 25 minutes. Repeat. The sound of the ticking motivates you to try your absolute best.
    Also, you can opt to buy a small notebook and write in whatever you revise, so you know how far you've progressed. It's good motivation.

Congrats on your mock results by the way. I'm sure you'll do great in the real thing :) Best of luck!!

Advertisement